Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world, with global offices in Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns that help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage,and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
· Are you passionate about digital communications and how they can drive meaningful, measurable change in outcomes?
· Do you have what it takes to help everyone from major global businesses to challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways to political, consumer, and media audiences alike?
· Do you enjoy the idea of coming up with exciting digital campaigns that drive results?
· Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to juggle deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking an Associate Consultant to join our UK-focused corporate team to work as one of our digital experts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently and as part of a team. Our digital experts sit within business units, meaning the work we do is truly integrated with broader comms disciplines.
Ideally, you will have at least two years’ experience, gained either in-house, within an agency, on campaigns, in politics or at a media organisation. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven, with an excellent understanding of the corporate digital and social media landscape.
· Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive digital engagement strategies and campaigns;
· Drafting a range of materials from online articles to tweets, to briefings, to training modules;
· Coordinating, managing and undertaking social media monitoring and suggesting engagement off the back of it;
· Organising and coordinating set piece events and running digital campaigns;
· Planning and executing paid social campaigns;
· Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
· Supporting new business proposals and pitches;
· Helping to develop understanding of, and skills around, digital communications within Portland;
· Taking an integrated approach by sometimes supporting public affairs or corporate comms clients.
What we offer in return
· An opportunity to be part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
· The chance to learn from the best. Our strategic and advisory council has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media, from a cabinet minister who has occupied roles including Secretary of State for Defence, to a former director at British Airways, British Telecom and British Gas, to a former Political Editor of The Sun, and Director of Communications at No.10. Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so too do our people.
· A commitment to helping you develop in your career, with an open door culture. We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development.You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We have formalised training at each level, with additional opportunities for ad-hoc training specific to your needs. We also run the “Portland Academy” where external speakers who are leaders in their respective fields discuss their work. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
· An industry-leading remuneration package, that includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more! In addition, every person that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.