Award winning, fully integrated b2b PR & communications agency seeks highly talented Account Director to join their rapidly growing team.
The Account Director’s role centres on providing strategic, intelligent PR expertise to a wide variety of b2b clients, crucially maintaining and developing successful long-term client relationships.
The Account Director will develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the client’s programme and the relationship with the agency. Additionally, you will mentor and develop more junior team members.
Additionally, you will support and proactively contribute to the business development of the agency. To become a trusted senior member of the team, involved in all aspects of the business.
This hire will be the most senior role in the core team, reporting to the agency’s founder. The agency is a small, fun group of passionate b2b PR consultants.
Account Director - Essential Experience
- Strong agency experience within a B2B environment essential – technology sector is strong preference
- Proven abilities to take strategic lead on a portfolio of client accounts – leading on client service and reporting to MD
- Managing/leading teams with a hands-on, can do attitude – experience of line management
- Media relations strategy expertise based on knowledge, experience, and relationships - across national, trade and broadcast media
- Excellent writing skills across multiple traditional and digital channels
- Ability to build credibility and trust with clients
- Strength in digital communications platforms, especially use of social media platforms and understanding of social media management tools, SEO, Google Analytics etc
- Adept and demonstrating ROI of activity to report tangible results for clients
- Has been part of a senior management team in previous agency roles.
Account Director Key Qualities
- Agility & proactivity: excellent prioritisation skills and agency operator, when it comes to client service, team management, capacity planning
- Responsive, flexible and adaptable – Willing and able to take a lead to ensure team succeeds in fast-paced agency environment; able to effectively work across multiple projects and activities
- Adaptability and able to run with the pace of a smaller agency
- Accountability for client portfolio and opportunities for growth
- Commercial awareness – for running of accounts, business performance of the agency, working on opportunities for growth with existing clients and supporting on new business
- Understanding of what good looks like and confidence to uphold that and guide team in achieving that
- Maintaining client service – quality control across client portfolio and willingness to share best practice with the team.
- Line management experience & mentoring/coaching of the teams.
- Positive – has a positive attitude and looks for solutions to problems or issues, self-motivated
Lipton Media is a specialist media and tech recruitment agency based in London. We specialise in all forms of b2b sales, digital marketing, content and creative positions, across conferences, exhibitions, awards, summits, publishing, digital, outdoor, TV, radio and business intelligence and technology. We also recruit across media planning and buying, PR & Communications.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 listed businesses. We work with candidates at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.