Job title: Account Manager
Working for: Headland Consultancy
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Headland is looking to appoint a proactive Account Manager with a passion for business and politics to join our fast-growing team. We are an integrated strategic communications consultancy, providing advice to clients across all aspects of corporate communications. This role would primarily be to support Headland’s public affairs clients, joining a high calibre team advising businesses facing challenging political and regulatory environments. We are looking for a driven individual that can help further strengthen and grow our public affairs offer.
Headland is lucky enough to work with some of the world’s best-known brands ranging from listed multinationals to leading challenger brands across sectors including financial services, tech, retail, energy and FMCG.
As an Account Manager at Headland, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day mechanics of client accounts
- Lead projects, working closely with senior team members of the team and take responsibility for some client relationships
- Manage and mentor team members, ensuring all work is delivered on time and to the highest standard
- Provide clients with advice and insight, and be able to take decisions in the client’s best interests
- Offer creative solutions towards delivering the best client service possible
- Be a competent media/stakeholder handler
- Take an active role in new business processes, including pitching
- Have the opportunity to experience and learn from all aspects of Headland’s offer
Ideally you will possess the following experience/skills:
- Experience working in Parliament, or sufficiently strong parliamentary knowledge to be able to advise a client on parliamentary procedure and engagement
- Experience in consultancy, in-house, think tanks, or other relevant political roles
- Proactivity, taking responsibility for the smooth running of account teams
- Confidence in presenting ideas to colleagues, clients, MPs, and journalists
- Outstanding team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and flexibility to learn about a range of sectors and businesses
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of UK politics and current affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn from the breadth of experience across the Headland team
- Appetite to build your network of contacts
Closing date: 4th December
Interview and start date details:
The recruitment process will include interviews via video link.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written exercise.
Start date is as soon as possible so applications will be reviewed as and when they are received.
Please send your CV (one pages max) and covering letter (one-page max) setting out what motivates you about public affairs and why you would be a good fit for Headland.