Higginson Strategy is an award-winning communications agency specialising in delivering engaging and impactful campaigns for purpose-driven organisations. We are a small but fast-growing ambitious team, passionate about driving positive change for society and the environment. Our clients share this vision and include charities, NGOs, and commercial companies looking to do business in a way that means better outcomes for all. We empower clients by putting purpose at the heart of their organisation and spreading their message in a bold and attention-worthy way.
In addition to our client work, we deliver in-house campaigns on female empowerment and the environment, as well as our own thought-provoking podcast.
We are now looking to hire a Senior Account Executive with excellent written ability and experience in media sell-in. Experience in consumer PR would be an advantage. Experience as a journalist would also be favourable.
- Drafting excellently-written press releases and comment pieces in a timely fashion
- Selling-in stories to the media until the desired outcome has been achieved despite the inevitable knockbacks
- Being a dynamic go-getter with a hunger to progress and maintain our excellent standards
- Supporting account managers to deliver for clients pro-actively
- Working closely with the senior team to identify ways of using the media to influence public opinion with the end result of changing the law on environmental and human interest campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two years’ in agency experience or three years’ experience in a similar role – ideally on some consumer-facing work
- A passion for teamwork with strong communications skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers
- An excellent grasp of the news agenda and a solid grasp of how to reach both corporate and consumer target audiences
If you are interested in applying for the role, send us a short email detailing why along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th.