Barboni Strategies is a dynamic and rapidly growing communications agency. We specialise in delivering agile, data-driven campaigns for industry-leading multinational corporate clients and their leaders including a global management consultancy, tech companies, litigation lawyers and their clients, and asset management firms.
We’re an ambitious team and we pride ourselves on building an in-depth understanding of our clients’ industries and objectives, developing winning strategies that deliver tangible business impact.
Our leadership team includes former advisors to presidential candidates and political leaders in the US, EMEA and APAC, informing the campaign mentality that we bring to our work. Our approach is driven by a belief in the importance of integrating public affairs, data-driven digital strategies, and thought leadership for successful corporate communications.
We are now looking to hire a Senior Account Executive with excellent networks across Westminster and Whitehall, strong writing ability and experience in running integrated traditional and digital communications campaigns.
Here’s what we care about:
- Delivering high-quality work, with exacting standards for attention to detail.
- Building a dynamic team with a diversity of backgrounds, and ensuring they are constantly growing and developing new skills.
- Working for clients that have an impact on their countries, sectors and communities.
- A growth mindset for Barboni Strategies, thinking creatively about driving business development and client delivery.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 5 years of communications and public affairs experience.
- Can demonstrate strong writing and copy-editing skills with an ability to synthesise complex information into impactful content across multiple platforms.
- Has a strong network across Westminster and Whitehall and a passion for engaging in the policy-making process.
- Has experience in digital strategy, or at minimum a baseline level of understanding of digital tools and tactics with an ability to quickly develop additional skills in this area.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the evolving social media landscape and an ability to analyse data from paid and organic campaigns to drive outcomes for clients.
- Knows how to engage with a variety of media outlets and journalists to help clients tell their stories with impact.
- Is an excellent project manager with an ability to motivate teams to work together to deliver for clients.
- Thrives in an agency or a similarly fast-paced corporate environment with multiple simultaneous project deadlines.
- Is meticulously organised, with an extremely high level of attention to detail, and who knows how to bring out the same in others.
- Prizes efficiency and is constantly exploring new ways to improve processes.
- Wants to be part of building a dynamic and growing agency, and who understands what that entails.
- Wants to learn how to drive revenue growth and business development with both existing and potential clients.
- Has uncompromising standards for personal integrity and demonstrates strong initiative and personal drive to succeed.
- Has common sense and a solution-oriented mindset and is able to communicate effectively and without ambiguity with teams and clients.
- Bounces back from mistakes and learns from feedback.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Working across a portfolio of private-sector clients; ensuring that delivery for those clients remains at an exceptionally high standard.
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive public affairs and digital engagement strategies and campaigns.
- Drafting a wide variety of content for clients at a standard that could be delivered to a Head of Communications or Public Affairs with minimal oversight or editing from senior colleagues.
- Engaging with journalists and media outlets to drive creative and relevant coverage; helping clients tell their stories with impact.
- Reviewing content created by more junior members of the team to ensure accuracy and impact.
- Working closely with team members to respond quickly and accurately to client requests.
- Ensuring the successful day-to-day delivery of communications and public affairs campaigns.
- Creating and maintaining up to date stakeholder lists across a variety of projects.
- Producing internal reporting for clients, reviewing monthly key performance indicator (KPI) reports and project-based reports on progress of campaigns.
- Supporting the growth of the company through events and business development.
- Engaging closely with a network of freelancers, including designers, developers, video editors and copywriters.
English language fluency, excellent data analysis and strong writing skills are essential.
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Barboni Strategies is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.