My client is an ever-evolving agency with a difference, that has three extremely creative and intelligent founders, that exist to bring depth to an industry categorised by the superficial! They combine world-class consulting with world-class creative and believe the best ‘corporate’ work should be deeply creative, and that the best creative work helps build corporate reputation. Award winning with first class clients, this is an exciting opportunity.
Their vision is to work with a point of difference. Their ethos is not only focused on the end result, but how this work is delivered, who produces the work and what team members are brought on board to help them with this vision. This is a start-up business (2 years with 50% growth this year), with a huge and exciting global network of industry experts and multi-million-pound corporate clients.
The consultancy is working with some of the most senior and elite individuals of many sectors, building a reputation and creating and delivering brilliant work within the corporate comms with their work being built on the principles of ESGP (Environment, Social, Governance and Purpose).
Due to growth of the business, this Senior Consultant is a key hire.
The consultancy is seeking a mid-level Senior Consultant comms consultant with experience in sustainability strategy for business to join the team. This individual will work across a diverse mix of client accounts – in my clients’ true style, both in the corporate and consumer space - play an active role in new business, deliver exceptional quality client work, and support with team management.
This hire will have experience of working within a team that advises corporates on ESGP-related themes and will be unphased advising and working on complex business and reputational issues.
You will have technical and hands-on experience of sustainability strategy (beyond comms). My client is looking for someone who has helped develop sustainability strategies and initiatives for businesses that they’ve worked for/with. They will have delivered sustainability projects that focus on core environmental issues. They may well have also delivered work in the social impact space as part of their remit of helping businesses be more responsible.
This individual will have a proven track record of cultivating client and stakeholder relationships, leading and driving complex comms programmes and delivering excellent written materials.
The role will see the individual be the day-to-day lead on a portfolio of clients, reporting into a Director or Partner.
Level of previous experience
This consultancy do not use typical agency job title and have very few different levels. For comparison, this role is designed for someone currently at Senior Account Director/ Junior Associate Director level within an agency, or possibly Senior Sustainability Business Manager level in-house.
- Strategic and creative problem-solving – the ability to take any client brief and quickly understand the nature of the challenge and objective and think laterally to produce creative solutions to a business challenge
- Sustainability strategy – benchmarking, positioning, framework development, setting/communicating goals, roadmaps and targets, new product and partnership launches
- Strategic comms – everyone in the business must be able to write accurately, compellingly, and sometimes editorially. A Senior Consultant will be producing the highest quality client and stakeholder materials. They are looking for someone with experience in purpose/sustainability narrative development, tailored comms for internal/external stakeholders and key messaging documentation
- Reporting - corporate and/or sustainability reporting and disclosure (familiarity with SASB a plus)
- Stakeholder engagement – experience working with/engaging environmental NGOs or corporate partnerships – generally and across specific sectors
- Client handling - all members of our team must be seasoned client partners and be confident and skilled at handling all types of clients – from brand and marketing directors, to Corporate Affairs Directors. At the business, client servicing is honest, collaborative and democratic – our clients feel listened to and that we are part of their team, not separate
- Team management - Senior Consultants are responsible for managing client teams and individual team members. They will oversee delivery of client work; nurturing team members and providing clear feedback and guidance to help the team produce work that delivers for our clients and pushes them professionally. They are also expected to work with the Directors to consider resourcing for clients
- Project management – the work they do is complex and fast-moving and it’s vital that their consultants have excellent project management skills. Senior Consultants will be responsible for delivering projects on time, within budget and putting clear processes and structures in place for delivery and reporting
This role would suit a professional that has a good mix of corporate and consumer communications experience. This person wouldhavecut their teeth at maybe one of the global networked agencies, equally an ESG focused business or in-house, who has experience of managing and developing a team beneath, together with their vision and understanding of the communications industry being aligned with this consultancy’sway of thinking.
This businessis not for someone that expects to have systems and processes already in place. This is not suited to anyone that loves a huge boardroom with coffee and biscuits laid out. You will have a hand in buildingthose processes and help to design the boardroom and to want to choose those biscuits! This exciting hire is for an eager and hungry individual whowants to be part of an ever-growing, smart and ambitious consultancy, who have the entrepreneurial drive within them that has been wasted elsewhere.
You will be looking for a point of difference and a role that you can build and a team you can have a hand in hiring and developing. You will work alongside the founders and other senior members of the team to develop and push the boundaries with these corporate clients and ESG needs!
The agency will allow you to work in your own way and fit with theadult culture the business has worked hard to form. Lastly, this team member is for the long-term. The agency is looking for commitment and passion to develop and build an amazing team around you.
The core attributes we look for in team members are:
- Flexible & adaptable
- Problem solving, self-starting and resourceful
- Open to failing and being uncomfortable
- Team players, innately collaborative and egoless
- Grafters, ready to get their hands dirty to make it happen
- Entrepreneurial / commercially minded
- A learning mindset and a natural curiosity
- No bullsh*t. They are all nice people! They are building a team of people who care for one another as much as they care for the work they produce. They’re a small, tight team, with no egos, no cliques, no nonsense. They’re growing fast but however big they get, they want to always be packed to the brim with people that other people want to work with
If any of the above intrigues and excites you, get in touch asap please. This hire is ideally to be in place in QRT1 2021, though until the right person shows themselves, this position will stay open!