This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to lead a talented team directing a range of integrated public affairs and communications accounts, form an integral part of the company’s decision-making senior team, and take a leading role in identifying and securing new business to ensure the company’s continued growth.
The new Corporate Communications and Public Affairs Director would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of politics and a high level of professionalism, and be a motivational and trusted leader. We’re looking for someone with substantial experience in strategic communications, reputation management and external relations either in agency or in-house, or with equivalent experience in government or the media.
- Delivering national & international integrated corporate communications, PR and public affairs campaigns for organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors to further their business objectives.
- Leading the creation and execution of high-profile PR campaigns that generate substantial and sustained media coverage for a variety of clients across different sectors
- Delivering high-level client outcomes, achieving profitability and account growth across a client cluster or leading on a particular policy area
- Leading on new business development and meeting growth targets, including development of new business strategies, taking the lead in pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients and growing existing accounts.
- Working as part of the senior leadership team to drive forward Whitehouse business strategies and meet business targets, playing a central role in training and developing staff and in delivering the Whitehouse marketing strategy.
- Development of communication, PR and public affairs strategies and overseeing high-quality production of materials including reports, briefs, press releases, speeches, social media content and presentations.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including parliamentarians, government officials and journalists, and managing press office activities.
- Devising and implementing reputation management and crisis communications strategies.
- Working with the other Directors to manage the company’s overall PR including website and its other digital presence.
- Line management of consultants including regular reviews and personal development plans.
- Substantial experience in a senior strategic communications and external relations role.
- A thorough and extensive knowledge of the political processes in the UK. Understanding of European politics and public affairs a bonus.
- Substantial experience of delivering public affairs, media relations and social media strategies.
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful integrated political communications campaigns for organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors with demonstrable outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate persuasively with a range of decision makers along with senior corporate personnel.
- Exceptional writing skills and great attention to detail.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with key journalists, including pitching, interviewing and all press office management.
- Experience of working with the mechanisms of government and parliament to drive forward change.
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrable ability to identify and drive forwards new business opportunities.
- Substantial experience of line management.
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple work streams and the ability to prioritise own workload.
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.