Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Brussels, Paris, Berlin, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation globally across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
Portland is seeking a Consultant to join our team to work as one of our digital experts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently and as part of a team. Our digital experts sit within business units, meaning the work we do is truly integrated with broader comms disciplines. The role offers an exciting opportunity to help grow Portland’s digital offer at a time where the business is placing even more importance on the specialty over the coming years.
Ideally, you will have at around 3+ years’ experience, gained either in-house, within an agency, on campaigns, in politics or at a media organisation. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven, with an excellent understanding of the corporate digital and social media landscape.
- Work as part of the team to manage and deliver creative digital communications strategies from formulation through to execution – organic and paid.
- Provide creative and strategic digital advice to clients.
- Stay abreast of current news, trends and insights, and their relevance to our clients, sharing insights and considerations.
- Be able to unearth key insights that unlock the most effective strategy and approach for each client.
- Act as the day to day point of contact for clients.
- Write razor-sharp digital copy.
- Input into new business pitches, proposals and presentations.
- Direct and mentor junior account members; providing quality control and oversee team assignments.
- Establish trusted relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Help to develop understanding of, and skills around, digital communications within Portland.
At Portland we get to the point. So, if you are a creative person with a track record of building successful digital campaigns that have impact you should apply.
If you have any questions at all about the role do email us.
- Are you passionate about digital communications, creative campaigns and how they can drive meaningful, measurable change in outcomes?
- Are you a self-starter with a team player mindset?
- Do you have experience managing effective teams and helping to grow colleagues’ digital knowledge?
- Do you have what it takes to help everyone, from major global businesses to challenger brands, tell their stories in new and creative ways to political, consumer, and media audiences alike?
- Do you have experience creating exciting digital campaigns that drive results? Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to juggle deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer in return
- The chance to learn from the best. Our strategic and advisory council has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media, from a cabinet minister who has occupied roles including Secretary of State for Defence, to a former director at British Airways, British Telecom and British Gas, to a former Political Editor of The Sun, and Director of Communications at No.10. Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so too do our people.
- A client list that is the envy of the agency world. We deliver campaigns with impact for some of the world’s biggest and best-known organisations. In the Consultant role you will be able to put your name to high-profile campaigns that set the tone of online and media conversation.
- An opportunity to be part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- A commitment to helping you develop in your career, with an open door culture. We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development. You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We have formalised training at each level, with additional opportunities for ad-hoc training specific to your needs. We also run the “Portland Academy” where external speakers who are leaders in their respective fields discuss their work. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- An industry-leading remuneration package, that includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more! In addition, every person that works at Portland is eligible for our annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.