The role is based in Oxford and we’re always open to remote working
Reporting to the senior management team, the primary objective of the Account Director role is the growth and retention of existing client accounts. The role will require the candidate to strategically lead client accounts, whilst driving, inspiring and managing the team to deliver the very best results.
Secondly, acknowledging the experience and seniority of the role, the candidate will also be required to lead additional functions including, but not limited to, staff resource allocation, reporting and line management. Additional activity will include development of company marketing collateral and new business development.
To deliver the above, a close working relationship will be necessary with both the Client Services Director and the Managing Director.
The right candidate will be an ambitious, self-starter who will be at home in a growing business. Specifically, such an individual should understand the changing dynamics that exist between marketing, strategic PR and communications, and new business development.
This is an active, client and media facing role in which the right candidate will take the lead on a number of strategic, growth accounts. Activity will be split between leading core client activity; setting client strategy, objectives and expectations, managing, motivating and leading the account team, and supporting the wider agency new business push. The candidate should have a track record of experience in managing a team, and importantly, be able to drive them to achieve monthly client KPIs.
Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring and formal instruction, candidates will continue to develop their core commercial and communications skills and experience and expertise as a senior consultant to the renewable energy industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Retain and grow key client accounts. Take responsibility for the strategic direction of accounts, but also demonstrate clear, hands-on leadership to guide their tactical delivery.
2. Work with the Group sales and marketing team to support the development of campaign creatives and content that drive qualified, prospective client engagement
3. Work alongside the senior team to develop and deliver, qualified, new business opportunities for the business
4. Work with everyone to instil a positive, commercially-focused and diligent culture of client delivery in the team, playing to our mission and values
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent client handling and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed strategic planning and creative PR skills
- Ability to set and drive media relations across multiple accounts.
- Strong proposal writing and campaign development/pitching skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects, to deadline
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management
- Strong interest in all media formats and disciplines, especially digital
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others
- Experience in renewable energy preferable but not essential
Remuneration and benefits
At Tamarindo Communications we offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave and a good work life balance. We’re always open to remote working. Office hours are 9 until 5.30.
The flexibility to travel both within the UK and overseas is essential. Access to the company pension scheme is available after the first 12 months of employment. We're a young, enthusiastic and fast growing team located in the centre of Oxford and with an international client base.