Are you a hustler? My clients’ creative, UK and global client orientated agency was created by two talented gentlemen that have worked in Londons’ well-respected consultancy’s’. They have taken all they have learnt to create a fun, interesting, hard-working, rewarding environment and are looking for a new head of team / Senior Account Director (hustler type) to join them due to growth! A turbulent past year for everyone, though this business has survived well with no redundancies or loss of accounts.
This role is for a hustler! Someone that wants to really push the boundaries with their career and really contribute to the growth of an exciting young agency; big agency and global experience tapped into culture, what’s new, what are people of all genres talking about, who are the new artists (music, art, design etc) are, who should brands be wanting to be associated with, what crazy ideas can you make real? A strong creative mind is essential for these clients and to help the team develop. Partnership and sponsorship activation experience would therefore be essential!
The client portfolio for this role, is working with a well-known booze brand, that have a global presence who have large sponsorships and activations in place; one of them being a global partnership with a leading football club and the other working on a global enterprise competition to discover the new entrepreneurs of this world! They also deliver launches of new products both in the UK and the US along with CSR activity – something for all your interests and skill sets!
The key skill set required for this hire is good communication – both verbal and written. With the largest client being a global remit, there will be toolkits to be comprised as well as exciting content for the UK delivery. You must enjoy and be a good writer.
This role is an integral hire to the business; you will be reporting directly into the Directors. You will have gravitas and want/ability to support the founders with strategy development, client counsel, activation creation, creativity, team management and delivery.
Role & Responsibilities Overview
- Senior Account Director / Team Head – overseeing a team of 5+ employees, working across a number of high-profile clients and accounts. Current team includes AD, AM, SAE and AE.
- Reporting directly into agency Founders / Directors
- Oversee all workstreams being carried out by working team and providing senior support and counsel when required
- Lead point of contact across all senior clients
- Management of team resource and capacity
- Work with Directors on team performance and salary reviews and promotions
- Management of team profit and loss
- Driving organic growth with current client roster
- Supporting Directors in proactive new business outreach
- Help drive agency culture, introducing new initiatives for employees and clients
- Booze brand venture: Annual social startup competition from the client. Includes working with big name talent, managing a global press office and working with local markets on activation.
- Booze brand Press Office: Global press office function, drafting press assets, activation ideas and product copy for the clients’ NPDs
- Booze brand product dev:Global NPD launch and activation (potentially with Global talent)
- Sports soft drink: Global PR agency for the client. Includes management of cross-agency relations, Global strategy and planning and UK/US-based activations
- Whiskey client:Global planning and activation of brand’s sustainability program
- Snack client: UK activation of NPD launches, sponsorship and seasonal spikes
- Booze bran: Global launch of new brand home, NPD launches and activation
Core Skills Required
- A hustler with real drive and ambition to progress their career and contribute to the growth of the agency
- Worked at a large size agency for 2 years + during their career to date
- Experience working with large FMCG brands
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients at once
- Full campaign activation experience from taking client briefs and leading response to brief, all the way through to execution and evaluation
- Experience working alongside cross agency teams (ad agencies / digital agencies) during planning and activation phases
- Producing toolkits and core PR assets: key messages, template press materials
- Ability to oversee and manage fee and cost budgets as well as internal team P&L
- Ability to manage junior and senior member of the team - critical in a small agency to ensure you are managing up and down efficiently
- Passion and drive for ideas and change!
- Annual leave; 23 days + your birthday
- Up to a maximum of 25 days if you stay for 2 years - one additional day per full working
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Offer of an additional 'move day' if you are moving home - subject to the Company Directors' approval
- Summer Hours: summer hours in effect between June 1st and August 31st. As long as client work is complete, all staff can leave at 3pm each Friday.
- Flexible Working:option to work from home up to x2 days a week (post pandemic) – office based central London
- New Business: entitled to receive commission in addition to your basic salary in an amount equal to 7% of the total fees received by the Company in respect of any new business project introduced by you to the Company, subject to the Company Directors' approval of the client and the project.
- Annual Bonus: a discretionary annual Christmas bonus - subject to the Company Directors' approval
- Friday Breakfast: professionally prepared breakfast supplied by the company each Friday from 9:30 - 10:30 (on Thursday’s during summer hours). Cereals and fruit provided