Senior Consultant – Public Affairs (Health Sector) – UK & Global – Most Prestigious Agency – London – £60,000 depending on experience, plus bonus, fantastic benefits and clear career progression
My client is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in London, Washington DC, Singapore, Brussels, Berlin, Paris and Doha. They are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns, helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms. They have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
My Client is now looking for a Senior Consultant (SAD level) to join the health team who provide public affairs and public relations services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape. The health team devises and implements communications and public affairs programmes for both UK and EU/global clients.
Initially working from home, then moving to their central London office when it is safe to do so, you will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PA and PR experience at the highest level.
The team typically work globally across strategic consultancy and message development, corporate communications, media relations, media training, issues and crisis management, digital and social media, integrated campaigning, creative campaigns, patient and professional engagement, market access / patient education and disease awareness. In addition, across the UK they support health technology appraisal communications, political outreach and select committee training.
As a Senior Consultant you will have strong experience across the pharmaceutical and health sector. This should include experience of supporting teams who are managing political and/or stakeholder relationships (Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Groups) for a diverse range of clients and therapeutic areas, are drafting pharmaceutical disease awareness material, providing reference packs and facilitating approvals, generating media coverage, supporting the running of public events, and you will have a solid understanding of the way the NHS is structured, the drug approval and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) processes.
Ideally, you should have experience of both UK and non-UK healthcare public affairs. If your expertise is focused on one of these then a willingness to learn the other is essential.
- Providing leadership and strategic counsel on major complex client accounts.
- Directing major accounts/projects.
- Driving new business effort – conceive, lead and project manage new business proposals and pitches.
- Leading marketing drive setting up events and promoting products.
- Leading integrated comms/ PA offers.
- Line managing team members (Consultants, Associate Consultants and Executives) and overseeing their career development.
- Relevant, senior level PA experience gained from a respected agency, in-house or government role.
- Pharmaceutical/health sector experience.
- Strong commercial acumen with a track record of shaping an agency's growth and success.
- The ability to be a key influencer with the gravitas to provide senior leadership and counsel on major complex accounts.
- Excellent client servicing and interpersonal skills, as well as a real ability to lead pitch teams.
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams.
- Tenacity to drive marketing and business development.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, excellent client-consultation skills as well as client and agency growth and development.
- Be able to direct large accounts and manage clients – a track record of agency experience handling is not essential but would be beneficial.
My Client offers a most competitive salary up to £60,000 depending on experience, plus their industry leading profit share/bonus scheme. The remuneration package is everything you would associate with a prestigious global agency and includes a wide range of employee benefits such as pension, healthcare, life assurance, gym membership, company parties and much, much more!
They are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture. They have a structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and they regularly reward and promote success within the company.
My Client takes a flexible approach to work and encourage their colleagues to do the same. All their roles are open to flexible working requests and they will consider all options during the recruitment process. This includes but is not limited to flexible hours, home working, compressed hours and job sharing.
Please forward you CV without delay and in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org