ABOUT TDC PR
Founded in 2013, TDC is an international communications consultancy building growth and reputation for leading names from across design, innovation, creative and technology. Considered the ‘go-to’ by media to access the voice of these dynamic sectors, TDC specialises in working with a mix of creative agencies, businesses, brands and industry bodies.
Headquartered in London with a team based across the UK and USA, TDC was borne out of the sector with team members drawn from the industry including writers, former journalists, thought leadership specialists and industry communications professionals. We provide a critical blend of insider knowledge with PR & communications expertise.
Our diverse range clients sit at the confluence of technology, design and creative. Current clients include D&AD, Seymourpowell, Territory Studio, Panasonic Design, AutoStore, FutureBrand, Design Bridge, Fedrigoni, and UXUS for whom we provide a wide range of communications consultancy and advice. Our new business pipeline will enable us to build on our success to date and presents a significant opportunity for a new member of the team to come on board at this exciting time.
TDC is going through a period of significant expansion with a growing roster of clients and an ever-expanding team, which currently totals 19 (11 permanent staff, 5 freelancers and an operations team of 3).
As the company enters this next stage of development, TDC is committed to growing in the right way, maintaining the excellent client service we’re known for whilst simultaneously nurturing the company culture we have purposely developed since the company’s inception – a mix of kindness, empathy, flexibility & agility, optimism, passionate drive and attention to detail.
To achieve this ambition, TDC is looking to bolster the senior management team with a full time Associate Director who will work alongside TDC’s Founder & MD with a primary focus of heading up TDC’s client services as well as managing the team, traffic and workflow systems. This is an opportunity for a passionate and ambitious senior PR professional to make their mark, become a leadership figure in the business and help in keeping a firm hand on the tiller as we grow.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading PR agency teams as well as a demonstrative commercial understanding of agency management.
Although experience from the creative sector is not essential for this role, they will have a keen interest in the creative agency & marketing services realm given TDC have many clients in this broad and dynamic sector
- To contribute to TDC’s continued success by becoming a positive, motivational and supportive leader in the business alongside the Managing Director
- This role will report into TDC’s Managing Director and collaborate directly with our Financial Director, Non-Exec Director and Operations Manager
- Focus areas:
- Leading client services
- In charge of people planning, workflow and traffic management to deliver client KPIs and ensure agency efficiency
- Team development
- Providing support to TDC’s Managing Director in growth areas including:
- US market growth
- TDC’s digital offering
- Sustainability offering
- TDC events
- Reporting into the role will be another Associate Director and 2 x Senior Account Managers
- A smart and strategic thinker, seeing the business and its systems in the round across client service, team management and workflow, commercial targets, new business and culture
- Someone eager to help cross-fertilise opportunities across TDC clients and industry network.
- The role will require an understanding of all client briefs, sensitivities and possible opportunity growth areas for TDC, working with the senior team who will be overseeing quality delivery of work by the wider team
- Maintain the high standards and personal, collaborative approach TDC has prided itself on from day one
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing client relationships and building long-term partnerships with key client groups
- Providing feedback and dialogue with existing clients and evaluating current and past projects
- Overseeing the execution of creative client projects and liaising with key personnel regarding delivery and success
- Generating new business and identifying growth opportunities within current client contracts.
- Providing senior leadership within the business
- Taking ownership of storytelling with new and creative ideas and driving editorial strategy
- Monitoring the industry and external climate to advise on strategy and positioning
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in an PR agency role
- Proven track record of developing clients
- Excellent client handling
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a range of clients
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior clients and stakeholders
- Commercial acumen and experience of developing new business
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance
- Experience in managing budgets
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business
- Energetic, inspiring and self-motivated team player
- Patient and committed when managing/mentoring junior team members
- Extremely well organised with a great attention to detail
- Resourceful, intuitive and inventive problem solver
- A positive attitude with a sense of humour
- Keen networker with an ability to build and maintain large numbers of contacts