Job Title: Communications, Associate Director
Working For: Hanbury Strategy
To start: ASAP 2021
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury is a strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to help businesses navigate a time of global change; manages all aspects of communications to help firms tell their story; and builds winning campaigns to help shape public opinion.
With offices in London, Brussels and Berlin, Hanbury has ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond. Described as ‘one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years’ Hanbury’s communications team is fast growing and our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe.
Hanbury has grown significantly since its formation four years ago. To help us grow even faster, we are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic addition to the corporate communications team, with 3 - 5 years’ experience working with or in the media or in an agency. This Associate Director will play a key role in delivering client excellence across a variety of sectors, growing the practice and helping to propel the firm forwards.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Proactively briefing stories to the media and dealing with reactive media enquiries
- Acting as the primary liaison for a range of corporate clients
- Researching and sourcing information for clients
- Drafting press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes and background information documents
- Working with our researchers and policy analysts to produce detailed pieces of original research and analysis
- Helping to develop long term media strategies and communications grids, and advising clients on press engagement
- Taking on day to day project management responsibilities, ensuring a high standard of work for client programmes
- Effectively managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines and supporting the development of junior colleagues
- Assisting the firm’s Partners in spotting opportunities to develop and grow the business, and contributing ideas and taking part in pitches for new clients
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- Not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile.
- An entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Have an interest in politics and how it impacts corporate clients
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, respectful and a team player
- 28 days’ paid leave plus bank holidays, pension plan, discretionary bonus and competitive pay
- Normal working hours are 9am - 6pm
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a full social and cultural calendar and employee wellness programmes - we are currently working remotely so this programme is virtual
- A rich and diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers
How to apply
Please send both your CV and cover letter with the subject: Comms Associate Director - Hanbury Strategy [REF: 0003] to firstname.lastname@example.org should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks of receiving your application.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we are open to discussions about alternative working patterns or hours.