About our company
We’re a PR and social media agency and we work with brilliant brands including 3EN, Amazon, Boyzlife, Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Jose Cuervo, The Kraken, The Sexton, Universal Pictures and Zoopla. We specialise in regional press office management, events, social media management and content creation. There’s 12 of us and we’re independently owned. We’re eight years old and we’re based in a small Northern Ireland seaside town called Holywood. It’s where Jamie Dornan comes from. And Rory McIlroy.
This is a remote role, but you won’t be alone. Two of our directors are based remotely – one in Leeds, one in London – so we’re well used to working with people and onboarding people remotely.
We require an Account Manager for our lifestyle team, working on Amazon Devices, Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Jose Cuervo, The Kraken, The Sexton and Universal Pictures. We want someone who is experienced in creating and managing campaigns for consumer brands, highly capable with client management and all over it when it comes to engaging with digital media. The candidate will be responsible for managing teams of junior and senior account execs, making sure things happen for Clearbox’s client campaigns. The candidate will also manage budgets and social media channels. This role is a full-time position.
The candidate must be a great creator, organiser, planner, spellchecker and writer. From writing and editing content of all shapes and sizes to managing clients on a daily basis, the candidate will be top class at all things PR. The candidate should have more than six years of experience in a PR agency and be comfortable when it comes to dealing with blue chip clients.
The candidate should be creative and organised and have a start-up attitude to work. This role will suit a candidate who can work on their own initiative and solve (sometimes complex) issues themselves, with support from senior management of course. The candidate should be fully aware of the 24/7 news cycle and how to take advantage of that for clients. The candidate should be up to speed on all things popular culture. As always, the most important thing is fit. We don’t hire d***heads.
What we can offer you
- Private healthcare, covering physical and mental health support
- Unlimited annual leave
- World class clients, both in stature of brands and what they’re like to work with as people
- An inclusive, supportive and engaging culture
- A really decent and diverse team of people to manage
- Your birthday off (on us)
- Additional paid time off for a wide range of personal stuff, from volunteering and professional development to just having a change of scenery
- The opportunity to travel to our Northern Ireland office on a quarterly basis for catch ups and nights out (which we’ll pay for, of course)
- Fully flexible, remote working
- A brand-new Apple Mac (because that’s important to some people)
- An annual training fund of £1,000 to spend on anything you like (within reason…)
- A place on the plane to our next staff party (the last one was in Amsterdam)
- CIPR and/or PRCA membership if you’re into that sort of thing
- Manage and oversee campaigns for our clients covering press office, social, digital and events activity
- Draft client planning documents and presentations
- Coordinate and manage team brainstorms
- Manage a team of junior account executives, account executives and senior account executives, delegating tasks and helping them to manage their workloads
- Act as the main contact on the account for clients, following our agency rule that every client email or message must be responded to within 20 minutes
- Manage your team’s time and provide reports on service levels to the agency’s senior management team
- Manage client budgets and control fee forecasts
- Track KPIs to ensure targets are not just met, but obliterated
- Help to develop the next generation of Clearbox talent by leading some of the sessions in our training programme, Future Legend
- Achieve a super-high standard in everything you do
- Understanding what makes a good story, and what does not
- Account management experience in a PR agency
- Experience of pitching for new clients
- Ability to use the news agenda to the benefit of clients
- Experience in handling media issues at a local and regional level
- Top notch project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and delegation skills
- Confidence without arrogance
- Extensive experience of PR in an agency setting (at least six years)
- Close contacts with relevant journalists
- An enviable track record of successful PR campaigns for a broad range of clients
- Confident at explaining what needs to be done to a team of junior staff, with an explanation as to why
- Team management and goal setting experience
- Driven, ambitious and capable of pitching for new business
- £25,000 - £35,000, depending on experience
To apply for the role (or for more information), please send your CV to John Megaughin (email@example.com).