- Account Director – Tech/Cleantech/Renewables PR
- Newbury, West Berkshire with the possibility to work remotely
- Salary up to £50k + profit share + benefits (depending on experience)
An exciting opportunity to join our small, growing team and deliver PR with a purpose by supporting a client roster that is leading the UK’s transition to net zero.
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter telling us why you’re perfect for this job.
Overview Resonates is a successful boutique PR and marketing agency with a client roster in cleantech that is second to none. Our clients work in solar, wind, sustainable housing, e-mobility, hydrogen and innovative technology that is mitigating climate change.
We are now looking for an experienced PR professional to help run and grow the business. You will provide strategic direction for key accounts as well as getting hands-on with messaging, content and media relations.
As a senior member of the team, you will oversee and improve workflow and processes for PR and marketing, help to win new business and put plans in place to retain and grow existing accounts.
As we continue to build the business, we expect you to play a key part in growing and managing the delivery team. We’re a small, friendly team and finding someone with the right personality is just as important to us as getting the right skills and experience.
This role reports to the managing director.
The big picture
- Lead the on-boarding process for new clients.
- Formulate their message, strategy and tactical plan
- Manage KPIs and budgets, ensuring we deliver work profitably
- Report back to clients demonstrating our value and impact on business results
- Facilitate idea generation to refresh client delivery plans
- Ensure delivery quality that meets/exceeds client expectations
- Provide strategic PR counsel to clients Contribute to winning new business and agency marketing
- Attend client meetings as the senior-level contact for key accounts
- Write, review, edit and approve copy
- Brief content team for new client copy
- Pitch for tier 1 opportunities
- Check delivery and results against the tactical plan, taking action where necessary
- Stay up to date with relevant policy, industry and technology trends
- Manage and mentor the team
- Contribute to new business pitches
About you: skills, aptitudes and experience
- Degree qualified Extensive business-to-business PR experience, with a strong technology focus
- An ability to understand concepts behind complex technology and communicate them clearly
- A strong interest in sustainability, renewables and the energy transition.
- Experience in this sector is desirable, but not essential
- Experience working for an agency
- Demonstrable results in public relations work, client service and account leadership
- Stellar writing and editing skills
- Ability to balance creative strategic thinking with plan execution
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple projects and hold on to the detail
Remuneration and benefits
As well as the usual benefits we offer a competitive salary, profit share, 25+ days holiday and a good work-life balance. While our office is in Newbury, we’re set up to support remote working.