Head of External Communications and Brand (12 months)
£46,257 - £56,434
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior communications and brand professional in the well-known international publishing organisation, Cambridge University Press. This is particularly exciting as the Press is currently going through a period of change, coming together with Cambridge Assessment to create a single organisation.
In this role you will build upon an already strong communications, public relations and brand foundation to drive engagement through existing communications channels, and you will manage and maintain the reputation of the organisation through targeted outputs and promotions.
Leading the External Communications and Brand Team, you will also have responsibility for the organisation's sustainability and community engagement agenda, and will deal with a diverse mix of stakeholders across the business and the publishing industry.
You will be directing the Press's communications agenda as part of the global, company-wide communications strategy that promotes the strategic goals of the organisation to all global colleagues and stakeholders.
Alongside this, you will need to support the joining and aligning of the communications, PR and brand strategies across the Press and Cambridge Assessment as the two organisations come together in the Summer 2021. This will be an exciting opportunity to bring real value to the new organisation and help establish how the combined external communications team can most successfully deliver for our customers and colleagues around the world.
- You have extensive brand management experience as well as experience of developing and supporting a global brand strategy
- You have experience working with diverse business groups and stakeholders to oversee and manage an organisation's brand
- You also have extensive experience of external communications, including a proven track record in media handling and critical incident management
- You have extensive knowledge of a variety of systems and tools used in communications and PR
- Experience of working within publishing, or a global business within any sector, is desirable
- Experience of leading through significant change is desirable, but is not essential
We hope that you are excited about this opportunity and would like to apply! If so, please answer the following questions as part of your covering letter to be submitted with your CV:
- Have you ever been involved in the communications and PR around major business change?
- Please tell us about a time when you have been involved in a critical incident that could have had major negative implications for the business:
- What steps did you take to contain the incident and ensure that the communications and PR around it were handled effectively?
- Please tell us about a time when you had to drive successful customer and stakeholder engagement through brand management
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We're one of the world's most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people's potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and many more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a 10 minutes' walk from the train station.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org