This firm is a specialist, integrated healthcare/medical communications with two primary divisions; medical education and public relations. Part of one of the world's largest communications networks and sister agency to the healthcare division of a Top 5 global PR agency, this firm offers clients high-level insights into the ever-changing commercial landscape through strategic, educational, behavioral change and engagement programmes.
This firm is always on the lookout for great talent - having seen amazing client growth this year they're excited to open this opportunity for a Healthcare PR Associate (Senior Account Executive level candidate). You will primarily support the team for 1 major global account within the respiratory therapy area, in addition to a mix of smaller UK and EMEA accounts. The Associate should have at least 1 year's experience working in medical/health communications and will begin to regularly use the skills gained in supporting previous projects, whilst further capitalising on your scientific expertise to deliver a range of services to clients, including the development of project timelines.
What will you be doing?
· Organising editorial/speaking calendars, including sourcing and qualification of opportunities and status maintenance
· Attendance at daily paper meetings and flagging / distribution of relevant stories
· Preparation of press materials and press packs
· Attending and contributing to creative brainstorms for clients
· Assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines, researching and writing copy for features; writing and following up photo-call notices
· Build up an understanding of the key publications, journalists, regularities
Industry and Market Knowledge
· Client market understanding – knowing the client’s business through reading publications pertinent to accounts
· Taking an active interest in current affairs, subscribing to newsgroups to keep updated on political affairs that effect the client
Who are you?
· Passionate about the healthcare/pharma industry and wanting to apply this to a PR career
· At least 2 years' experience in medical/health communications (ideally within an agency)
· A team player– ensuring team involvement and communication at all times
· Motivated – demonstrating energy and enthusiasm to ongoing workload and projects
· Proactive – identifying opportunities for clients on an ongoing basis
Even Better If:
· Health/science related degree