Exciting new opportunity for an established Director of Communications to join a leading and influential membership organisation in the ESG/Climate Change industry. You will have the strategic capability to support the organisation and key programmes and initiative during a period of significant growth.
You will be a leader who is able to develop and drive continual evolution of an effective and impactful communications strategy, overseeing delivery of communications across channels to various audiences.
This role will report directly to the CEO and work in close conjunction with the Directors of each of the work programmes. You will be responsible for advancing and delivering the overall communications strategy, implementing changes to ensure enhanced member and wider stakeholder engagement and building the organisation’s brand identity.
As an excellent writer, with a passion for climate change issues you will write content and opinion pieces to increase their public profile and delivery of publications. You will be responsible for a team of 3.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive communications strategy – Develop and continuously improve communications strategy across all programmes and initiatives. Ensure the organisation is represented and positioned correctly within all of their partnerships. Work strategically with the team ensuring messaging and narrative is consistent across all channels.
- Member communications – enhancing and building member engagement through design and implementation of an effective membership communications strategy.
- CEO Communications – Develop communications collateral in CEO’s tone of voice across variety of channels including social media, webinars, blogs, op-eds, emails etc. Support CEO’s internal and external events calendar.
- Media Relations – Oversee media relations strategy developed my Head of Comms and support as required.
- Build and effective and cohesive communications team – Line manage 2 direct reports, oversee team of 3. Coordinate communications resource requirements in conjunction with the CEO/Head of Operations and Development ensuring sufficient comms capacity and accurate budgeting.
- Genuine interest in the mission of the organisation – direct experience working within climate change, ESG and/or investment areas is required.
- Substantial experience across both internal and external communications.
- Collaborative leader with experience managing teams.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Issues management experience.
- Experience working internationally and for a small organisation is desirable.
- Proven experience taking a business through a significant transformations/change.
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing further please apply ASAP with your current CV.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.