My client who are an Oxford based comms agency (who are of course very on board with remote working though ideally would like a couple of days spent in the office when allowed) are looking for a strong corporate comms PR, SAD - Associate / Director level, for an immediate start, 4-5 days a week, for a 9/10 month contract initially, though huge scope to be longer and possibly perm if both parties so wanted. This role is a project manager first and foremost, ideally with experience of producing campaigns/events in Europe, as well as having worked with tech clients and of course be an excellent corporate comms content producer.
The agency’ client is a leading mobile provider and is looking to organise a roadshow around several cities in Europe, from September this year, inviting stakeholders and policy makers to understand their plans around a future development within the tech/telecoms space. The agency is relatively small and therefore this role is very hands on with lots of varied responsibilities. This is a fairly mid-senior level contract, it is imperative however, this will only suit an all-rounder who is willing and happy to put their hat into the ring for whatever is required. This role would ideally ask this person to travel when the time comes in Sept, however, this could be a separate hire at the time, so working mums welcome please, the pre event organisation is the important focus for this hire for the moment.
- Leading on the organisation and implementation of an Exhibition & Roadshow (planned for September tbc), targeting a policymaker / stakeholder audience, to launch in Brussels for the first ‘event’, potentially followed by a tour across Europe.
- Building and maintaining the detailed exhibition & roadshow plan & budget, collaborating effectively with our Technical Design partner/team in Brussels, the Client Leads and the client team to ensure all agreed delivery milestones are met.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and overseeing the workflow delivery in line with the plan.
- Design and develop content ideas in line with the desired visitor experience outcomes for the exhibition and in alignment with the campaign goals and messaging.
- Create an impactful, supporting, omni-channel stakeholder outreach programme that underpins the main exhibition ‘event’ and subsequent roadshow.
- Work with client lead to ensure the day-to-day delivery of the workflow, within client deadline - within the parameters of our client service standards and quality checks and within allocated budget.
- Establish the right templates and processes, e.g., meetings & calls to build relationships and ensure high quality delivery.
- Working as a key member of the agency’ account team to ensure that proactive, excellent client service and expert advice is provided, in line with the agency’ Client Service Standards
- Contribute to and work on other workstreams of the account as/if needed, as requested by the Client Lead.
Background and experience
- Corporate Communications, ideally agency and/or in-house
- Experienced in organising / overseeing, events/roadshows, especially overseas.
- Excellent Project Management experience, plus high attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Excellent writer
- Strong, confident but diplomatic personality with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of how to create and implement engaging campaigns.
- Proven ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders with gravitas.
- Tech and digital sector knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of the Brussels market – and existing relationships in Brussels an advantage
- Solid leadership/management/team supervisory experience – adept at managing and coordinating suppliers and project teams to deliver.
- Languages an advantage