Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
The role will offer a hybrid of working from home, and office based - with travel to offices based in Tunbridge Wells required at least weekly.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the external communications for the Group’s Retail and Affinity division which includes a wide range of products direct to consumers, such as classic car, pet, motorsport, equine and motorhome. Providing support as and when required for the Group’s other brands including Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited, Zenith Insurance, Geoffrey Insurance, Auto Windscreens and VisionTrack.
- Supporting the strategy, planning and execution of B2B and B2C external communication plans for R&A. This can include:
- Writing content for agreed advertising activities by the marketing team, such as solus emails, advertorials/editorials, thought leadership articles and comments.
- Managing approval processes with the business.
- Drafting press releases and copy to promote and support business activity.
- Sourcing insurance quotes for magazines to promote the business offering.
- Develop creative PR (one-off and campaigns) to support business activity and targets.
- Research and evaluate new opportunities.
- Work with business managers/brand owners and relevant senior managers to develop effective/targeted communication to generate online and print coverage – supported by social media team.
- Manage and strengthen trade and consumer press relations advantageously.
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Communications Manager.
- Where applicable, adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Where applicable, ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Operate an effective day-to-day media relations function including managing incoming media requests.
- Keep on top of the current news agenda and put forward relevant, topical and proactive comment opportunities/angles to the businesses to ensure positive media coverage.
- Ensure business messages and values are portrayed and consistent in communications including; press releases, comments, newsletters, editorials and web content.
- Develop effective relationships with external partners, such as blog writers, to ensure consistent messaging.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure a joined up approach across all marketing functions.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Five years of progressively more responsible positions in communications, preferably with an insurance background.
- Experience in using media monitoring and press distribution platforms, such as Gorkana.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or a related field required.
- Must be an exceptional creative thinker, and able to demonstrate being a hands-on communications expert who thrives on the creative process and written word.
- Ability to work with a flexible mindset and occasionally to tight deadlines.
- Strong and effective communicator – written and verbal.
- Demonstrate 100% attention to detail.
- Highly developed teamwork skills, enjoy working closely with other managers and team members within marketing and communications department, and across the group.
- Good knowledge of how a social media strategy can amplify PR activities.
- Familiarity and skill with communications tools including written communications, marketing material, press and social media, and events.
- Ability to tailor communications to different audiences based on each brand.
- Analytical and Creative Thinking
- Commercial Focus
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Flexibility and Managing Change
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Team working
- Results Focus