Senior Internal Communications Manager – Professional Services
JFL are working on a fantastic new role with a global firm. As the Snr Internal Communications Manager you will be passionate about leading strategic communications. The role requires someone who has significant experience in both change and engagement communications. You will be a strong writer and be confident at taking decisions and solving problems. You will be an expert in assessing situations and confidently recommending strategic communication plans that are suited to the desired outcomes, audience and strategic needs.
The role requires creation, implementation and measurement of an effective internal communications plan and you will be expected to take a leadership role providing guidance, advice and leadership. You will be expected to lead and advise on change communications activities, weaving a consistent and compelling narrative.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work well with a wide variety of senior level stakeholders as well having excellent writing skills and will be resourceful when it comes to seeking information. They will also be able to gather and analyse information and turn it into appropriate communications for multiple audiences with different needs.
You will be confident working with multiple stakeholders across a variety of disciplines to achieve the right outcomes and will be comfortable working on multiple projects at any one time. The role requires someone who has significant experience in both change and engagement communications.
While this role is focused on internal communications, you will have a good understanding of external communications (PR; marketing, social media; public affairs) and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that our internally-focused activities reflect what’s happening in our external markets..
This is a leadership role and you will have management responsibility for the internal communications team of 3.
- Responsible for development and delivery of internal communications plans that support the strategy and align with external communications activities
- Work with the wider global marketing community and regional network to develop and deliver the internal comms component of any integrated campaigns
- Leading and advising on significant change communications activities
- Liaise with multiple senior level internal stakeholders and prioritise activity in line with strategies ·
- Work with relevant leaders to ensure activity undertaken holds the most value, and push back on activity as appropriate on behalf of the communications team
- Work with relevant leaders to support and develop their communication skills (eg presentation training; comms planning etc)
- Identify ways to improve our communications and engage with leadership and the team to ensure these improvements are implemented
- Lead complex projects and programmes, setting the strategy and deliverables, then working with the wider team to ensure these are implemented to the highest quality
- Provide advice and support on internal communications activity across a number of priority areas including the People team, Health & Safety, Community Engagement, Digital Transformation and Sustainable Development
- Develop positive, productive relationships with other comms colleagues (including the People team communications lead and external comms team) ·
- Be seen as an internal communications expert, support, mentor and guide individuals to collaborate and achieve the best results in communications, ensuring the organisations communications is best in class. ·
- Proven management experience in the field of communications in a professional environment is essential ·
- Successful change communication experience is essential
- Advanced written, reporting and organisational skills
- Ability to translate complex technical information and data into clear engaging content and campaigns with the intention and outcome at the forefront of mind
- Proven experience of managing multiple stakeholders at all levels who often have differing or complex views
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to challenge and influence for the right outcomes
- Friendly collaborative manner, with a willingness to adapt style and approach to achieve quality results
- Ability to engage colleagues, be respected, and be able to push back
- A proven ability to quickly build trusted relationships at multiple levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple on-going activities ·
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines ·
To find out more, get in touch with Edwina Goldman – email@example.com