This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated communications professional to join a global industry in travel and tourism.
The cruise industry contributes £10 billion to the UK economy each year, supporting more than 88,000 jobs, including travel agents, tour operators, port agents and many small businesses. We want to be recognized as a leader in responsible travel and the best way to experience the world. The industry is committed to responsible tourism and partners with city authorities and ports to capture social and economic benefits for residents while safeguarding sustainability.
What will you be doing?
You will be accountable for the creation and delivery of strategic communications plans on behalf of the cruise industry in the UK and Ireland. Working closely with senior leadership and CLIA members, you will manage UK communications as part of a global team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a cross-channel communications strategy to support industry goals including campaigns to capture stories that bring the value of the industry to life
- Develop press releases, FAQs, and other materials to support communications campaigns
- Build and maintain relations with journalists in trade, national and non-traditional media
- Build and maintain relations with cross-Departmental Government and political stakeholders, and maritime and tourism stakeholders, and act as an ambassador for the industry
- Identify and secure thought leadership opportunities in support of the industry’s vision to be a leader in responsible travel
- Provide counsel for leadership including briefings for interviews, speaking opportunities etc.
- Manage responses to emerging issues in a timely, accurate and considered manner
- Develop, plan, and use digital and social engagement as part of the communications mix
- Track, measure and analyze impact of communications plans
- Work with partners to create news hooks around events, research data, or announcements
- Lead the roll-out of global communications initiatives within the UK