To assist in the protection and promotion of The British Horse Society’s reputation among internal and external audiences and other key stakeholder groups; keeping them well-informed and engaged through all available channels. Assist the Content and Communications Manager in acting as a guardian of the BHS’s brand standards and guidelines, ensuring consistency across all communications. To assist in creating content that achieves desired objectives and outcomes in pursuit of our brand advocacy, stakeholder satisfaction and commercial objectives.
- Create copy for internal and external stakeholders through a channel neutral approach – including content for British Horse Magazine, press releases and features, emails, social media posts, blogs, website news, direct mail, and other comms material.
- Help develop and take responsibility for a communications calendar and plan that supports the aims and business strategy of the society and ensures the efficacy of all communications whilst meeting relevancy and rules of engagement guidelines.
- Provide analysis and reporting for the Communications function
- Deliver relevant and engaging copy that requires little to no editing.
- Help develop and demonstrate adherence to established brand and copy guidelines.
- To deliver highly developed and accurate proof-reading consistently and demonstrate effective attention to detail.
- Assisting the team with ad hoc duties as and when required
- Provide cover for other tasks when team members are out of the office or unavailable.
The above job description is designed to give an overview of the tasks and responsibilities for this position. The Marketing and Communications department will evolve and grow over time to meet practice and market demands. The selected individual will be expected to embrace such changes and rise to the challenge of developing their skills accordingly.
- A related qualification or degree (e.g. Journalism, English, humanities, communications, creative writing)
- Evidence of writing based work experience or volunteering at a media/publishing house, PR team or agency, or university media
- Understanding/experience of the equestrian world would be helpful, but not essential
- Creative, innovative, and passionate about language and communications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Friendly, approachable with a can-do attitude
- Good team ethic and collaborative approach but equally able to work under minimal supervision
- Capable of working to tight deadlines and managing a varied workload
- Ideally, some experience of working with video and photography would be advantageous, but training will be given
- Willingness to respond efficiently to urgent requests and adapt to changes
- Be proficient in using computer applications and software