ABOUT TDC PR
Founded in 2013, TDC is an international communications consultancy building growth and reputation for leading names across design, innovation, creative and technology. Considered the ‘go-to’ by media to access the voice of these dynamic sectors, TDC specialises in working with a mix of creative agencies, businesses, brands and industry bodies.
Headquartered in London with a team based across the UK and USA, TDC was borne out of the sector with team members drawn from the industry including writers, former journalists, thought leadership specialists and industry communications professionals. We provide a critical blend of insider knowledge with PR & communications expertise.
Our diverse range clients sit at the confluence of technology, design and creative. Current clients include D&AD, Seymourpowell, Territory Studio, Panasonic Design, AutoStore, FutureBrand, Design Bridge, Fedrigoni, and UXUS for whom we provide a wide range of communications consultancy and advice. Our new business pipeline will enable us to build on our success to date and presents a significant opportunity for a new member of the team to come on board at this exciting time.
TDC is going through a period of significant expansion with a growing roster of clients and an ever-expanding team, which currently totals 19 (11 permanent staff, 5 freelancers and an operations team of 3).
As the company enters this next stage of development, TDC is committed to growing in the right way, maintaining the excellent client service we’re known for whilst simultaneously nurturing the company culture we have purposely developed since the company’s inception – a mix of kindness, empathy, flexibility & agility, optimism, passionate drive and attention to detail.
To achieve this ambition, TDC is looking to bolster the team with a full time Account Manager with strong public relations experience who is outgoing, driven, committed and enthusiastic. This is an opportunity for a passionate and ambitious professional to make their mark, become a mid-level leadership figure in the business and help in keeping a firm hand on the tiller as we grow.
A good understanding of the UK media, PR strategy and methodology is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a personal passion for the creative industries.
To contribute to TDC’s continued success by becoming a mid-level leadership figure in the business, split primarily across client account management and management of junior team members, with room for assistance with strategic business development.
This role will report into TDC’s senior team, working together to co-manage our roster of clients and ensure the continued delivery of work in line with the high standards and personal, collaborative approach TDC has prided itself on from day one.
The day-to-day will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients with the support and oversight of the senior team
- Providing strategic counsel to clients to aid their PR and wider marketing campaigns
- Providing commentators and product or company information to the media (newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online news sites)
- Building relationships with existing and new clients
- Building relationships with key media contacts
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions
- Dealing with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press
- Providing innovative and creative ideas to clients
- Briefing clients and updating them on press campaigns
- Analysing PR coverage and providing written reports
- Communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Daily point of contact with key media contacts
- Developing industry, sector and product focused PR campaigns
- Managing the needs of the client and their accounts
- Contributing to daily meetings, and liaising and updating clients on PR activities
- Keeping abreast of current PR trends and tools
- Building client relationships and maintaining a network of media contacts including journalists and industry spokespeople
- Spearheading both traditional PR and social media projects
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services.
- Fulfilling the client’s key performance indicators and growing accounts
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing PR proposals
- Managing a high level of client interaction
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in an in–house or agency PR role, ideally relating or connected to the sectors outlined above.
- High levels of communication - both presentation, verbal and written skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- A passion for the media, including social media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Strong copywriting and marketing mastery
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
- Solid computer prowess and project management skills
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
- A self-starter dedicated to growth and results
- Energetic, inspiring and self-motivated team player.
- Patient and committed when managing/mentoring junior team members
- Extremely well organised with a great attention to detail.
- Resourceful, intuitive and inventive problem solver