Responsible for developing Social Impact & Sustainability policy, and establishing and managing engagement with special stakeholders and platforms to further the Social Impact objectives and goals. This role will work in collaboration with subject matter experts within the Global Social Impact team as well as functional, regional and commercial leadership teams across the globe. The role holder will activate the strategy through new and existing partnerships and work in close collaboration with the global communications team to ensure stakeholder engagement align and reinforce wider strategy and build brand and reputation. A spokesperson and thought leader, the role holder will have strong and well-established network within the sustainability and digital media communities.
• Work with the Chief Sustainability Officer to develop a strategy and plan for targeted stakeholder engagement to advance the Social Impact strategy and goals
• Establish and manage global partnerships and initiatives to accelerate progress, engage stakeholders and raise awareness of the organisation's role in driving delivery of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including the United Nations, WEF, Ad Net Zero, and Sustainable Brands
• Monitor the external policy landscape to inform Social Impact policy and ensure the organisation's external policy position align with internal policies and programmes.
• Support in the development of global strategy, including research, analysis and goal setting informed by deep understanding of stakeholder policy and the global stakeholder landscape.
• Create briefing documents, presentations and core messaging for senior leadership and key events to ensure alignment with Social Impact strategy and policy positions.
• Generate awareness and advocacy of the Social Impact strategy internally and externally.
• In depth knowledge of sustainability and related disciplines as well as market trends and relevant frameworks and policies eg the UN Sustainable Development Goals, UN Global Compact etc.
• Knowledge of global climate policy, platforms and expert stakeholders including those related to carbon, biodiversity loss, circular economy, water and waste (inc plastic).
• Knowledge of digital policy and regulation including digital inclusion, skills, internet safety, digital health and wellbeing, ethics, privacy and responsible media. Comprehensive understanding of human rights in a digital world.
• Expertise in corporate communications, public affairs, consumer affairs, managing brand and reputational risk
• Creative, strategic, analytical and innovative with the ability to translate data into strategy and initiatives