Head of Hype: PR and Influence
Hype, demand and legacy is what we create. We're an agency driven by having a deep understanding of sub-cultures that go on to shape popular culture and influence behaviour.
We believe culture comes first and it's at the heart of everything we do. An agency built to launch, position and transform businesses in a fast-paced, demanding and people-powered world.
The role of Hype (PR and influencers)
Are you in tapped into culture and storytelling? In the know on all things going out? Lover of social media and knowing what the next trend is going to be and how to use it to get our clients ahead?
We’re looking for an energetic, culture driven, problem-solving, media maven to join The Fitting Room. This person will lead our PR and influencer accounts. We’re looking for someone hungry to build something different, creating hype across all work we deliver for clients, whilst working alongside team demand and legacy, to create truly compelling campaigns.
As an agency with clients across hospitality, food and drink, fashion and music, being out and about is core to the role. From running red carpets for events, overseeing influencer visits to networking to help deliver the objectives of the wider business, being socialable is key to this role. It’s in your natural weekly cycle to be out connecting with people and creating new opportunities.
On a day-to-day basis you will lead in delivering coverage for clients, whilst some of this awareness will be with traditional media, we’re also looking for someone who has an understanding across emerging channels to build brands and clients e.g. Clubhouse and podcasts for example.
We’ve got exciting plans for 2021 and beyond, this role is integral to us delivering on those plans. Everything starts with hype.
- Senior contact for client accounts.
- Manage client service and agency performance.
- Oversee PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery.
- Analyse PR outcomes and interpret data.
- Present findings to stakeholders.
- Delegate and provide advice to junior team members.
- Nurture and develop talent.
- Win new business and grow client accounts.
- Contribute to the overall business.
- Develop a wide network and establish contacts.
- Provide strategic advice to stakeholders.
- Seek new business opportunities, pitching to prospective clients and network contacts.
- Managing client relationships and building long-term partnerships with key client groups.
- Providing feedback and dialogue with existing clients, and evaluating current and past projects.
- Executing creative client projects and liaising with key personnel regarding delivery and success.
- Generating new business and identifying growth opportunities within current client contracts.
- Providing senior leadership within the business.
- Taking ownership of storytelling with new and creative ideas, driving the editorial strategy with content pitches, press alerts and new campaigns in a range of media including social media.
- Monitoring the industry and external climate to advise on PR strategy and positioning.
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers.
- Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to present to a range of stakeholders at a senior level and at client events.
- Creative talents with an ability to initiate new campaigns.
- Keen networker with an ability to build and maintain large numbers of industry and media contacts.
- Team player with leadership and management skills within a PR environment.
- Project management talents with an aptitude for organisation and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse complex data and interpret it for a range of audiences.
- At least five years solid PR experience within a specific sector or industry relevant to the post.
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press.
- Excellent client handling.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a range of clients.
- Commercial acumen and experience of developing new business.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector.
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business.
Standard hours are generally Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm. As Head of Hype and the key contact for clients you may be required to work irregular hours when workloads demand or to attend key industry events and networking forums. You will also need to be on hand to manage in a crisis.
What we can offer you:
- Time Out budget (Up to £360.00 per year)
- Work from home budget (£360.00 per year)
- Quarterly coaching sessions with an external coach
- Company away days and social events (we have been to Dublin, Amsterdam, New York, and Ibiza) (In 2019 our Christmas party with clients and suppliers was a roller disco with DJ Luck and MC Neat performing live)
Watch some of our case studies here:
Read some of our own TFR coverage here: