ABOUT TDC PR
Founded in 2013, TDC is an international communications consultancy building growth and reputation for leading names across design, innovation, creative and technology. Considered the ‘go-to’ by media to access the voice of these dynamic sectors, TDC specialises in working with a mix of creative agencies, businesses, brands and industry bodies.
Headquartered in London with a team based across the UK and USA, TDC was borne out of the sector with team members drawn from the industry including writers, former journalists, thought leadership specialists and industry communications professionals. We provide a critical blend of insider knowledge with PR & communications expertise.
Our diverse range clients sit at the confluence of technology, design and creative. Current clients include D&AD, Seymourpowell, Territory Studio, Panasonic Design, AutoStore, FutureBrand, Design Bridge, Fedrigoni, and UXUS for whom we provide a wide range of communications consultancy and advice. Our new business pipeline will enable us to build on our success to date and presents a significant opportunity for a new member of the team to come on board at this exciting time.
TDC is going through a period of significant expansion with a growing roster of clients and an ever-expanding team, which currently totals 19 (11 permanent staff, 5 freelancers and an operations team of 3).
As the company enters this next stage of development, TDC is committed to growing in the right way, maintaining the excellent client service we’re known for whilst simultaneously nurturing the company culture we have purposely developed since the company’s inception – a mix of kindness, empathy, flexibility & agility, optimism, passionate drive and attention to detail.
To achieve this ambition, TDC is looking to bolster the senior team with a full time Account Director who will work alongside TDC’s management team delivering across client service, media relations, team management, workflow planning and new business. This is an opportunity for a passionate and ambitious senior PR professional to make their mark, become a leadership figure in the business and help in keeping a firm hand on the tiller as we grow.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading PR agency teams as well as a good understanding of the UK media, PR strategy and methodology.
The ideal candidate will have a personal passion for subject matter relating to technology, innovation, design and creative.
The Account Director will contribute to TDC’s continued success by becoming a positive, motivational and supportive leadership figure in the business working alongside other senior team members. The successful candidate will be a senior contact for clients, will manage and oversee TDC’s various accounts teams to ensure campaigns are delivered and service level agreements are met. Commercially minded and creative in nature, the Account Director will be adept at building relationships with key commentators, industry spokespeople and senior journalists. They will also direct and lead PR projects and provide counsel to their clients. As a senior member of the business, they will also deliver new business and grow existing accounts.
The day-to-day will include:
- Senior contact for client accounts
- Managing client service and agency performance
- Overseeing PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Analysing PR outcomes and interpreting data
- Presenting findings to TDC’s management team, clients and key stakeholders
- Delegating to and managing account teams
- Nurturing talent
- Winning new business and developing current client accounts
- Contributing to the overall TDC business
- Developing a wide network and nurturing key contacts
- Leading and managing select account teams, providing career counsel, professional development support, monitoring and performance reviews
- Identifying training needs where required
- Managing new accounts along with existing ones
- Key contact for clients.
- Overseeing media strategy and account development
- Providing support for agency growth and development of new business pipeline
- Achieving exceptional outcomes for current clients and managing an extended portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy
- Championing the agency values and brand
- Developing senior press relationships and managing contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers
- Offering crisis management and counsel to clients and extending networking opportunities
- Overseeing provision of account resources
- Formulating business strategy in conjunction with other directors
- Reporting into the management team and providing high level data analysis
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of between 5-7 years’ experience in a PR agency role, ideally relating or connected to the sectors outlined above.
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a range of clients
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior players
- Commercial acumen and experience of successfully developing new business
- Management experience of developing talent and overseeing performance
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business
- Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople
- Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences
- Expertise at handling a range of media to place products, grow brands or pitch for new customers
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills