What it’s all about
Cavendish Advocacy is a leading independent government relations and corporate communications consultancy, established in 2003. Since then we’ve been helping companies, charities, campaign groups and public bodies with their political and media relations at all levels in the UK.
Now part of the BECG Group, you’ll be part of a growing full-service communications agency that includes public affairs, stakeholder engagement, corporate communications, digital marketing, PR, social media, design and video experts.
Green energy & growth is a key growth sector for Cavendish Advocacy in 2021 and we and we are interested in hearing from outstanding candidates with a proven track record in this area.
What you’ll need to have
- Demonstrable experience working in, and knowledge of, the UK’s energy sectors - gained through previous inhouse or agency roles.
- Experienced communications professional, with a track record of working on integrated communications issues – including public affairs, campaigns, and issues management.
- Experience in creating and delivering communication strategies that secure strong, measurable commercial results for the client taking accountability for selling these results back into key client contacts.
- Experienced in providing senior counsel to clients and foster senior client relationships.
- A solid network / experience of working with key political decision makers and influencers and the energy trade / national media.
- Proven ability to identify and close new business opportunities through – networking, sales and marketing activities, proposal writing, pitch process leadership and price negotiation
- Comfortable and able to represent Cavendish Advocacy on industry panels and conference platforms.
- Able to work with the Marketing Team to formulate and launch pro-active outbound marketing campaigns to generate leads for Cavendish Advocacy and BECG Group.
- Experienced in developing new business leads, and leading new business pitches – from inception to conversion.
- Experienced in team and personnel management
- Experience of working across other sectors, including FMCG and the built environment is desirable.
What you’ll need to do
This is the most senior role within the Group outside an Operations Board position. You are therefore responsible for building the commercial success of Cavendish Advocacy through a number of key responsibilities;
- Share your expert knowledge of the energy sector with the junior team, and upskill and mentor the junior team
- Take responsibility for the profitable delivery of work through your own effective working and direction of the team, tracking team hours through Synergist weekly, taking remedial action immediately.
- Own an up-to-date Client Development Plan for key clients and take accountability for its delivery in order to grow the size of the account.
- Lead on virgin new business pitches, direct the pitch response process and take accountability for the delivery of the best possible response.
- Deliver a highly responsive and professional customer experience that builds client loyalty ensuring the client service team are doing the same.
- Maintain a thorough and in depth understanding of politics, policy and media landscapes
- Keep up with growth and innovation in the communications industry and raise your own profile within the industry as a leading practitioner.
- Ensure that all team members understand the importance of the various Codes of Conduct that govern the company such as the PRCA and the APPC.
- Ability to manage teams, and to inspire high quality work and customer service from those teams.
Leadership and personal qualities
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Cavendish Advocacy’s values.
- Set challenging growth goals for yourself, and others.
- Challenge complacency wherever it exists and remove barriers to change by energizing others, creating momentum and ensuring messages are communicated throughout the business.
- Seek and suggest better ways to get things done; help others adapt to change.
- Promote the Company wherever possible, and act as an ambassador for the Company’s vision and values.