NEW Public Affairs/Policy and PR Account Manager position with award-winning and well-established strategic communications firm.
If you're an established SAE ready for that step up to manager level or an existing AM wanting more responsibility and a new, exciting role, please read on.
Our client is looking for an ambitious Account Manager with a good understanding of politics and media to join their team at a time of really exciting growth. They need someone who enjoys working at a fast pace, has an excellent eye for detail and a passion helping interesting clients solve complex problems through communications.
You need to be sharp, creative and energetic. They especially look for originality and personality when speaking with candidates.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Draft an array of communication materials from press releases to consultation submissions;
- Lead on research into a variety of different policy issues;
- Pitch stories to target journalists on the phone and via email;
- Develop and maintain media and stakeholder lists;
- Monitor mainstream and social media, politics and policy developments;
- Liaise with clients across a number of accounts;
- Help the team keep track of different projects and priorities, managing upwards as needed;
- Produce daily and weekly monitoring or activity reports.
What you can expect from the role:
- A real investment in you from the start. You will gain first-hand experience of all areas in communications.
- Members of the team have worked at senior levels of very large corporates, consultancies, political parties and referendum campaigns. So, you’ll get to work closely with a very experienced and friendly team and benefit from their contacts and expertise.
- Exposure to clients across a range of industries, from entertainment and retail to energy and sustainability, as well as the opportunity to be directly involved in high-level brainstorms and the day-to-day running of strategic communications campaigns.
- Opportunities to network and build your contact base within the communications industry.
- An attractive package.