Freelance PR Officer – In House – Charity – Start ASAP – Work from Home – initial 8 week contract - £110 day rate – possible temp to perm
My Client is the UK's leading charity for girls & young women, using events, adventures & meetings to empower girls to be their best & become confident women.
My client is now seeking a temporary PR Officer for an initial 8 weeks to work from home and starting asap. The role will be to lead and support the delivery of an exciting programme of PR campaigns targeted towards girls and young women within an ambitious PR strategy, to promote their values, mission and vision, across a wide range of national, regional, local and online media channels.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eighteen months to two years’ PR experience gained either in-house or in an agency. Specifically, the role will be:
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Managing a press office, including responding to and dealing with media requests quickly and efficiently and identifying and escalating potential risks.
- Creating compelling news stories and identify and place national and regional media stories with journalists.
- Working in public relations, including regular contact with the media and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working on high profile national and regional PR campaigns across a wide range of media.
- Demonstrable experience of pitching and securing stories to the media.
- Experience of reactive media, crisis and reputation management.
- Proven experience of integrating social media into PR & public affairs campaigns.
My client offers a competitive day rate of £110 with an initial 8 week contract, remote working, and the possibility of temp to perm for the right candidate.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org