NEW Junior Press Officer (AE or SAE)
position with an award-winning communications firm.
You will be joining a brilliant team, all extremely supportive and want you to do well within your career. The working environment is fun and motivating - such a lovely bunch of people!
You will be joining a wider group so the feel of the agency is large.
Our client is looking for a talented, creative and ambitious junior press office to join the buzzing team.
A key part of the role will be working on the busy Press Offices for two well-known leading technology brands, helping to manage the diverse flow of incoming press enquiries. This will cover everything from broadband queries to the latest deals and product launches, crisis comms responses, proactive media hijacking and customer complaints escalated via the media. You will help to support the wider team to spot proactive opportunities, draft statements, and liaise with the media on a daily basis, in addition to supporting on campaigns and events.
This really is one of the most dynamic jobs in PR right now, but one that requires a person who has a proactive and extremely motivated attitude and work ethic.
Key attributes / skills:
- Strong interest and understanding of technology in the mobile space;
- Strong knowledge of social media management and moderation is a requirement;
- A willingness to succeed, will be proactive and will take pride in their work;
- Ambitious player with a hard work ethic who is keen to progress their career;
- Successfully pitch from client brief and follow through to secure quality coverage;
- Confident client-facing account handler with an ability to work proactively and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to adapt quickly and contribute to the team’s development and understanding in this sector;
- Good time and workload management skills – must be a strong multi-tasker;
- A good team player who is willing to learn and who can take constructive criticism / responds well to being challenged;
- Excellent attention to detail & organisational skills;
- Crisis comms and media handling experience is a plus.
If this role sounds of interest and you have the required skills, please get in touch ASAP.