Communications Executive - 12 Month FTC
UK (currently home based), but willing to commute to central London/Birmingham at least once a week.
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We’re currently looking for a Communications Executive to join us for a 12 month, fixed-term contract.
- Salary of c£30,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Communications Executive, you will deliver corporate communications and stakeholder engagement that have a real impact on people’s lives.
You’ll be involved in a wide range of communications work, including engaging with external stakeholders, assisting with internal comms and managing our website. You will write briefings for senior leaders, coordinate events for colleagues, and draft press releases. You’ll also have the chance to work on the competition to award the next National Lottery licence.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop the skills you have gained in a previous role, while also taking on more responsibility. You will work closely with your communications and public affairs colleagues, who will support and encourage your professional development.
To be considered as a Communications Executive, you will need:
- Experience of corporate communications or public affairs, including assisting with communications plans and preparing materials to share with stakeholders
- Experience of contributing to briefings and/or speeches for senior staff
- Experience of supporting stakeholder relationships, such as stakeholder mapping, arranging meetings and maintaining stakeholder records
- Experience of writing content for internal and external audiences, such as newsletters, blogs or intranet news stories
- Experience of media relations, such as writing press releases, media monitoring and writing media Q&As
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong administrative skills
- Team player with an enthusiasm for learning new skills
It would also help your application if you had the following:
- Experience of updating websites/staff intranets using content management systems
- Experience of other digital platforms, such as Mailchimp, and Adobe Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledge of common social media platforms, including content creation, analytics, and promoted campaigns
- Experience of handling enquiries from journalists
Other organisations may call this role Stakeholder Relations Officer, Communications Officer, Communications Business Partner, PR Executive, or Public Relations Executive.
The closing date for this role is 28th April 2021.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Communications Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.