VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, marketing and digital. For more than 40 years, we have focused on building strong and lasting relationships in the communications and marketing sectors, supporting clients in the public and private sectors and across all industries, to build formidable communications and marketing teams.
We consider ourselves to be a true career-partner, working with candidates who have become clients and clients who have become candidates as they progress through their careers.
VMAGROUP Specialties: Executive Search, Recruitment, Interim, Contract, Permanent, Internal Communications, Employee Engagement, Change Communications, Corporate Communications, Consumer Communications, Public Affairs, Investor Relations, Marketing and Digital.
VMAGROUP is currently searching for a Account Manager / Recruitment Consultant to join its team. The position will focus on permanent recruitment services in the Communications & Marketing sector, working across all industries throughout London and the South.
Main Purpose of Job
- Build and maintain loyal, profitable relationships with both existing and new clients
- Develop business for VMAGROUP and the Communications & Marketing practice
- Build and develop commercial relationships with new and existing candidates
- Handle client recruitment assignments from brief to completion
- Ensure that individual and team revenue targets are achieved
- Grow existing client relationships, re-establish old ones and generate new business via business development approaches, company marketing initiatives and cross-selling
- Secure face-to-face client visits to build relationships, knowledge and to powerfully present the benefits of working with VMAGROUP
- Manage client expectations during the recruitment process to ensure a fast, streamlined and productive result
- Take advantage of networking opportunities both in and out of office hours
- Set and achieve a realistic ‘% fill rate’ on vacancies manage
- Build and develop commercial relationships with candidates
- Interview candidates and ensure the correct registration procedures are adhered to using our CRM
- Maintain regular post-registration contact, to demonstrate commitment and support the process of sourcing commercial leads and referrals
- Ensure candidates are fully briefed and debriefed regarding client interviews
- Assist colleagues with other assignments by recommending suitable candidates to ensure we optimise all business opportunities
- Develop a full understanding of search, database and advertising methodologies
- Help candidates with career advice, including CV tips and interview techniques etc.
- Take part in the planning and executing of annual marketing plans for your practice area
- Attend any events that take place, including out of hours events
- Keep abreast of industry developments through research and examination of relevant media to increase market awareness
- Build and maintain a relevant network of business contacts – clients and candidates
- Continually promote team and company spirit, and act with integrity, honesty and professionalism at all times
Requirements / Skills
Demonstrable recruitment consultancy experience or communications industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Account Management experience, recruitment experience of Communications and marketing experience.
- Good listening and questioning skills
- A natural interest in people and their development
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong administrative ability with high attention to detail and the ability to follow tasks through to completion
- A broad understanding of the business environment
- Financial acumen
- A positive, adaptable and flexible attitude is required as you will be dealing with all levels and cultures of candidates and clients
- Open minded
- Self-starter with initiative
- Team player, highly approachable with positive outlook
- Flexible, resilient and confident, with the ability to respond and adapt to a fast moving, swiftly changing environment