ReputationInc is a leading, international reputation management consultancy providing advice and support to some of the world’s most admired global brands. We are on the hunt for new talent to meet growing client demand for services, focused on building and protecting reputation.
Our mission is to ensure that reputation drives better decision-making, to create a more sustainable and prosperous world. Our work spans four main areas: Research and insights gathering; reputation strategy development; capability building and leadership coaching; and stakeholder engagement.
At ReputationInc, our account managers are typically responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and all aspects of their reputation.
We are looking for an account manager with good client engagement, programme management and media relations experience, interested in broadening their experience into strategic reputation management and developing their skills in this space. This will include gaining experience across insights & research, strategy development and creating reputation management training programmes.
A successful account manager will work closely with clients to develop winning media relations and communications programmes and engage with key media to produce positive outcomes to help shape their clients’ reputation and profile.
Candidates should have a track record of managing their own client portfolio in a strategic manner to include programme planning and management. In addition, they will have strong media relations skills and have robust knowledge of media across print, broadcast and digital.
We are keen to hear from candidates with 3-4 years of work experience in media relations, communications, consultancy, or related fields.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts
- Providing strategic counsel to clients
- Building relationships with existing and new clients
- Building relationships with key stakeholders relevant to the client
- Developing communications programmes and strategies
- Developing media and communications content
- Managing client interactions
- Dealing with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press
- Providing innovative and creative ideas to clients
- Briefing clients and updating them on projects
- Analysing efficacy of projects
Other Key Responsibilities
- Fulfilling the client’s key performance indicators and growing accounts
- Managing a high level of client interaction
- Being daily point of contact with key stakeholders
- Developing industry, sector, community, and product focused projects
- Managing the needs of the client and their accounts
- Contributing to daily meetings, and liaising and updating clients on PR activities
- Keeping abreast of current trends and tools pertinent to client base
- Building client relationships and maintaining a network of media contacts including journalists and industry spokespeople
- Spearheading both traditional PR and reputation management projects
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- Being involved in pitching for new business, developing PR proposals and support our marketing activity
- Strong communications skills to include presentation, verbal and writing skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- A passion for traditional media and social media
- Flair for strategic thinking and innovative solutions
- A keen interest in strategic communications and reputation management
- Strong copywriting
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple portfolios
- Comfortable working with a flexible brief
A passion for delivering results
An analytical thinker and problem solver
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, and meet the requirements detailed above, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you’re interested and suitable for the role on firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th May. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. We regret that due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who have not been selected for interview.