Looking for a Senior External Communications Manager for a leading business in the Pharmaceutical industry. You will be responsible for planning, leading and implementing product and therapy area communications activities for UK & I.
- Develop and execute compelling and impactful communications strategies to drive growth of their brands and support business objectives.
- Build the business’ profile and reputation with external partners in their key Therapy Areas, anticipate and react to issues affecting the business.
- Build thought leadership and demonstrate the value of priority brands through media activity around scientific data and regulatory milestones, real world evidence or stakeholder partnerships.
- Line manage 2x Communications Managers, coaching and developing them, providing ongoing counsel and sharing of standard methodology.
- Patient advocacy – develop relationships with relevant external customers such as patients, patient advocacy groups and media.
- Establish internal relationships and liaise closely Public Affairs and Communications colleagues in the UK, EMEA and Global ensuring alignment of messaging.
- Communications lead for all matters related to Product and Therapy Area Communications.
- Support disease awareness campaigns and partnerships projects with advocacy groups working with Patient Engagement leads as required.
- Proven media relations skills, both proactively and reactively
- A background in pharmaceutical brand/product and therapy area communications is required – however this can be from either in-house or agency side.
- Experience in healthcare communications subject areas, with understanding of ABPI Code of Practice.
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing this further please get in touch ASAP with your CV.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.