Amazing opportunity to work with one of the leading, industrial, technical businesses in the world. The business manufactures and provides global defence solutions across land, air and sea to their public sector clients. Being leaders in their field, they have UK wide offices as well as many international offices. This is the first role of its kind within the business and therefore is an integral hire with moving parts. The business has a strong passion and focus of ESG and have been delivering several amazing initiatives over the last few years. This role will help to create, shape and develop their strategy moving forward.
The ideal candidate will have experience of this manufacturing and industrial style sector, though not essential. Environmental and Social experience is an absolute must. The governance arm is less needed in this particular role. You will have a corporate communications background as well as the ESG insight and knowledge. The role will entail a huge amount of global communications and therefore this is foremost along with the technical insight into environment and social and notable experience of delivering communications for previous business’.
Day to day:
- Drive the planning and delivery of external and internal communications to promote the company’s sustainability agenda and protect and enhance reputation of the Company in all its markets.
- Personally, drive and manage strategic projects for sustainability communications.
- Manage communications relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Be accountable for developing an overarching strategic narrative and associated communications plan for company’s sustainability agenda.
- Work effectively with the other Head of Comms / Director of Comms in the function to ensure effective coordination across sub-teams, to ensure effective stakeholder management, especially with customer stakeholders where appropriate, and to protect and build the reputation of the company and its sustainability credentials.
The role will report into the Head of Communications. You will act as the communications lead for sustainability across the business, attending when relevant, the Management Board meetings. This role will entail working closely with the Comms leadership teams and other team members (internal / external comms teams) to deliver news platforms and planning to maximise the quality and impact of our sustainability communications programme, with editorial and technical accountability for relevant news platforms. This could include:
- Developing and implementing an integrated content planning approach (internal and/or external)
- Planning and delivering creative content to support major communications prioritise
You will also be required to:
- Devise strategy and plans for the company’s sustainability programme (Internal/external comms, employee engagement, media relations etc.)
- Lead the strategic development and delivery of campaigns working with other team members to ensure implementation of the campaigns.
- Lead and drive, stakeholder management for sustainability communications and support stakeholder management within the wider business to enable leaders to support the business’ sustainability agenda in a more engaging way
- Lead the delivery, management and development of effective communications channels, seeking opportunities for improvement
- Work with other functions, such as Investor Relations, Human Resources, Business Development, Government Relations, on stakeholder identification and engagement in support of specific campaign objectives to identify opportunities to tell the business’ story
- Bring best practice from the external marketplace / key industry leaders
- Lead the programme proactive storytelling across their internal and external channels (including social channels and the website) and markets
- Lead and develop capability in the communications teams on sustainability
- Lead reputation management on sustainability (including support for company reporting requirements)
- Proactively interface with internal and external audiences to provide communications expertise
- Play a significant role in working effectively across communication teams within Sectors, Lines of Business and/or Group
- Think and act internationally, where appropriate, working and coordinating with colleagues in all markets
- Be seen by internal stakeholders as the subject expert and primary point of contact for sustainability communications.
- Spend a large proportion of time being a key business liaison with key stakeholders.
- Be able to lead as part of a team and coach and guide less experienced individuals.
- Have strong organisational skills and able to work under pressure.
- Have the ability to influence and coach to support achievement of business priorities.
Nature of Impact
- The ability to operate efficiently through the timely and efficient development of processes and guidance.
- Provide ideas and intuitive thought through information/data which helps to make a decision/reach a solution that best suits the business needs.
- Work subject to standard procedures with accuracy and attention to detail.
Area of Impact
- Quality and timeliness of work produced impacts the function and the broader business.
- Internal stakeholders who rely on the service provided to support critical business operations.
- Business performance through delivery of important business solutions.
This role can either be a permanent position or a long term contract (12-18 months), this very much depends on the candidate’ availability. There is potential for two roles, of slightly varying levels, therefore if you like the sound of this role and feel it is slightly too senior, please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss. I look forward to sharing further details upon receiving your application.