Salary: c. £35,000 based on experience
The Institute of Export & International Trade (IoE&IT) is the professional membership body representing and supporting the interests of everyone involved in importing, exporting and international trade. Established more than 85 years ago, the Institute is the leading association of exporters and importers. We provide education and training to professionalise the UK’s international traders.
Based in Peterborough, the IOE&IT is fast-growing as demand for our digital training and education products grows post-transition from the EU.
As a partner with UK government, we deliver national and international programmes, acting as evangelists for the UK and establishing UK processes and standards globally.
The Institute co-partners in running the online UK Customs Academy, the world’s first training platform dedicated to customs skills and developed at the request of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
The IOE&IT has risen successfully to the challenges and opportunities presented by the rise in importance accorded to Trade issues in the media and political sphere in recent year: as an adviser to individuals and business; as a provider of vital technical and regulatory advice; and as an authoritative voice for the sector amongst those developing policy and economic strategy nationally and around the world.
As part of that process, the Institute has recently appointed a Public Affairs Director to lead the shaping and promoting of the IOE&IT’s external profile and voice. The Institute now wishes to appoint a Senior PR Executive to help further that aim.
The standout candidate will be able to display enthusiasm, creativity, resourcefulness with a meticulous eye for detail and an understanding of policy formulation probably gained through experience of working in a policy focussed environment.
We are seeking candidates with:
- the experience to make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of a proactive, nimble and effective Communications Strategy
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in all channels, formulating and tailoring persuasive messages quickly and incisively to enhance IoE&IT’s share of voice
- Strong experience of developing and communicating key messages to multiple audiences and stakeholder groups, delivering increased visibility/recognition and impact
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to translate the Institute’s thinking into appropriate, timely and proactive external communications through the media and other communications channels, including social media where appropriate
- Identify PR opportunities and implement an integrated communications strategy to raise the Institute’s profile and to promote the work and contribution made to the UK (and beyond) by individuals and companies involved in export, import and international trade
- Building and maintaining a relevant database of media contacts
- Support the Public Affairs Director in building the IoE&IT’s relationships with key UK and international bodies, including politicians and advisers, senior officials, government departments, regulators, relevant professional and industry associations and other opinion-formers
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the business to ensure that it maximises opportunities across the full range of its products and services
The IOE&IT is based in Peterborough. While current restrictions on travel and meeting remain in place, we expect this role can largely be carried out remotely, although (when regulations allow) the successful candidate should anticipate spending 2-3 days a week in London. The Institute will establish a Central London office later this year.
The post is offered at a salary of c. £35,000. A bonus based on the achievement of corporate and individual targets, and other benefits including pension scheme membership and private medical cover.
The IOE&IT aim to make an appointment at the earliest opportunity.