Danfoss is looking for an ambitious Global PR Lead to join our Group Communication & Reputation team. We are sharpening our focus on the international reach of our channels, and you will play a key role in the ongoing work of strengthening the international reputation and awareness of Danfoss.
“The economic reboot after COVID-19 has to be green and sustainable. We have the solutions and commitment to address climate change,” Kim Fausing, CEO of Danfoss, recently said.
Do you want to make a difference in the world by contributing to making the green transition a reality? Then you may be our new Global PR Lead.
Driven by the power of an electrified society and fuelled by the opportunities of going digital, Danfoss is dedicated to engineering solutions that can unleash the potential of tomorrow. But our ambitions go beyond that, and we are looking for someone who can help position Danfoss to a wider global audience as a key enabler in the green transition towards lower carbon emissions and more electrification.
You will become part of a multi-functional and international team in a dynamic environment. Passion, speed and fun are some of the key words describing us. We support and challenge each other while working on continuously improving the support to our business. You will work in close collaboration with our Head of Media Relations and Head of Communications.
Your role will be to strengthen our media coverage in our key markets and regions. Launching an international PR campaign or pitching a story to an editor or reporter plays a large part in achieving great media coverage.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Help build a network with relevant media and reporters
- Set the direction for our media outreach
- Have a clear understanding of how to build proactive PR campaigns
- Pitch stories to international media
- Handle daily press inquiries
- Advise and work closely with Danfoss segments, regional experts and our Group Executive Team
You could be based out of Copenhagen, but it could also be Hamburg, London, or New York. Your workplace will be the world, and you will have daily and close interaction with colleagues world-wide. Some travel to various global Danfoss sites is a part of this role.
Background & Skills
The ideal Global PR Lead has the passion and energy needed to drive a proactive global PR agenda, possesses a strong track record with international media, and demonstrates the ability to successfully manage media relations on challenging and complex issues. You might have a background in reporting or editing from an international company or a PR agency with international customers. You are used to advising senior executives and experts. Your accuracy is unfailing - also under severe time pressure, and you are systematic and thorough, but upbeat, prompt and take initiative.
In addition, you have these personal and professional competences:
- Have demonstrated experience working with international media and are used to working in an international environment with global agendas
- Have strong strategic communication skills, are experienced with issues and stakeholder management and can write op-eds and speeches on behalf of our senior leaders
- Are curious, outgoing and good at creating networks both outside and inside Danfoss
- Are upbeat, robust and can maintain an overview in hectic and crowded situations
- Are proactive, purpose driven, results-oriented and ambitious.
- Are fluent in both written and spoken English.
If you fit this description, and would like to be part of a business-focused global communication team in a great company, who are developing and selling products and solutions to help the world save energy and become more sustainable, then you should apply now!