Do you have a strong background in consumer PR and are looking for an exciting opportunity to manage a consumer press office for one of Britain's best-loved supermarkets?
You will manage an in-house Asda Brand consumer press office, establishing it as the first port of call for consumer journalists – working with the team to develop and manage a calendar of regular, proactive news stories and events to promote Asda's offering across food, drink and services throughout the year.
You will be passionate about the news agenda and have a natural eye for what makes the news – leading brainstorms and identifying newsjacking opportunities in tune with the media landscape, showcase Asda's brand personality and products to their best and generate real cut through in media.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Asda Brand PR and working closely with the rest of the team, you will engage key stakeholders at Asda to identify newsworthy stories and products to share with media, as well as championing the new in-house function across the business.
You will be experienced in managing budgets and measurement – ensuring all activity has clear and innovative measurement processes in place.
You will have the opportunity to shape the newly established consumer press office at an incredibly exciting time for the business.
- You will have a minimum of four years' experience in consumer PR – ideally with experience in running a press office (agency or in house)
- You will have enviable journalist contacts and knowledge of the media landscape as well as a passion for storytelling
- You will have experience of building strong, productive relationships with internal stakeholders that ensure you are a ‘go to' contact for news opportunities
- Experience in managing a team and budgets
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day.
Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
Come join our team by clicking the Apply button!