99% of traditional PR is pointless. Deliberate PR - the UK’s leading agency for bringing remarkable Nordic and German startups and scaleups into the English-speaking world - delivers meaningful exposure: in sync with what innovative companies actually need, deserve, and can leverage as part of their journey from early-stage and seed-funded to unicorn status.
We are seeking dynamic individuals to join our growing Business Media division. Currently recruiting for team members at Senior Account Executive, Account Manager, and Senior Account Manager levels.
With a focus on responding to (as well as setting) the news agenda, candidates must have a strong understanding of the UK and international business media landscape, as well as how business stories cross-over into the mainstream.
Our London-headquartered company is a close-knit, creative team making news noise for remarkable Nordic, German, and US start-ups and scale-ups which innovate across a diverse range of disciplines including music, agriculture, sport, sustainability, ecommerce, and retail.
With a focus on action, rather than neverending strategy meetings, this young and vibrant agency prides itself on delivering consistently creative work that helps startup and scaleup clients attract potential investors, partners, and employees, whilst also engaging with target end users.
We don’t micromanage nor do office politics. Deliberate PR suits news-obsessed, enthusiastic individuals blessed with confidence, creativity, and self-starting autonomy who bring out the best in colleagues and get a kick out of helping worthwhile companies receive attention.
Successful candidates will play a pivotal role in maintaining and developing the presence of Deliberate PR’s clients within the UK business media. The role is far from formulaic, ranging from identifying and exploiting news opportunities, arranging founder interviews, landing funding and partnership announcements, as well as briefing clients prior to speaking and conference engagements.
Candidates will oversee and support junior team members, as well as contribute to new business strategies, and company-wide brainstorms. Occasional travel to Nordics, Germany, and US likely.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall client servicing and planning
- Coordinating strategy and outreach with colleagues within Tech Media, Consumer Media, and Creative teams
- Managing the media programme and pitching to relevant media
- Writing and editing client documentation, including presentations, key messages, Q&A, press releases etc.
- Researching and analysing competitors for clients and presenting findings
- Preparing briefing documents for clients
- Providing strategic advice to clients
- Providing inspirational account direction and team management: leading by example with a ‘no task is too small’ attitude; mentoring and supporting junior team members
- Reporting directly to the head of the Business team as well as the MD, ensuring that internal communication within the agency runs smoothly
- Potentially attending international meetings
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience and a proven track record in running business or corporate media campaigns as well as managing a team of juniors
- Comprehensive understanding of financial media
- Must have a keen interest in the interlinked nature of the news cycle, tech startups, and global business trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of written work and excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and self-starting
- Experience in reactive work: be able to think on your feet and respond to breaking news stories on behalf of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled team manager and mentor
- Confident in fronting accounts and giving strategic counsel to clients
- Experienced in handling new business and onboarding new clients
Because of the reactive nature of our news-based work, you absolutely must be prepared to make phone calls to journalists during which you can compellingly and accurately discuss our extraordinary clients.
To apply, or for more information, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org