The Senior Associate, Communications, will help raise the visibility of ULI as the world’s preeminent real estate organisation, as well as promote the efforts of our members to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. Working as part of a global communications team, the Senior Associate will focus primarily on supporting the Institute’s activities in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa EMEA region through copywriting, media relations, social media, website updates, email campaigns, and newsletter creation.
- Draft press releases on key announcements, events, and report launches.
- Handle day-to-day media enquiries.
- Work with external PR agencies to place interviews with key spokespeople in the media.
- Research and write articles for Urban Land, ULI’s flagship magazine.
- Contribute stories on member initiatives and impact for the Institute’s annual report.
- Write speeches for member and staff leadership.
- Manage the ULI Europe website (europe.uli.org), creating and posting regular updates.
- Act as a source of guidance and best practices to colleagues updating National Council websites.
- Analyze Google Analytics and plan strategies to increase site traffic.
- Create and deploy content across ULI Europe’s social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Update Hootsuite platform with ready-made content that National Councils can repost on their social media channels.
- Act as a source of guidance and best practices to colleagues managing National Council social media channels.
- Track, measure, and report on the results of engagement through social media.
Newsletters and Email Communications
- Support the creation and distribution of a monthly ULI Europe e-newsletter.
- Execute the email communications strategy for ULI Europe, including the maintenance of a pan-European email calendar.
- Train to be a super-user of email and member management systems, with an ability to implement content automation to enhance member communication, development, and engagement.
- Collaborate as an active member of the Institute’s communications team to help raise ULI’s profile.
- Ensure that all communications materials meet global brand standards.
- Play an integral role in global launches, announcements, and member experience initiatives.
- Collaborate and support colleagues in other regions as required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a communications role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and experience with website management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the real estate sector or built environment desired.
- Experience working in an international business environment beneficial.
- Proficiency in one or more European languages other than English useful.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field required.
ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics.
All applicants should be eligible to work in United Kingdom.