Location: Dubai or Bahrain
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a senior communications professional with extensive experience in leading the development and implementation of large, integrated communications programmes and campaigns, you will be providing communications strategy, advice and support to government clients across the MENA region.
- Developing and delivering integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments and entities.
- Leading large accounts, including responsibility for the client relationship, team leadership and the quality of work produced.
- Providing ad hoc advice to clients on political and economic issues and trends, and the implications of these for the client.
- Developing proposals for new business pitches.
- Actively seeking new business leads through existing contacts and ongoing networking.
- Actively seeking to develop the skills of staff you line manage, conducting regular feedback meetings and formal reviews.
Essential skills and attributes
- Strategy, planning and delivery – being able to execute these communications functions at the highest level.
- Knowledge of Middle East and global politics and economy a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- Leadership – the ability to develop relationships of influence with clients and staff alike.
- Resourcefulness – the ability to develop solutions at speed and under difficult circumstances.
- Positivity – a positive, can-do attitude and enthusiasm for the work is essential.
- Judgement – the ability to give consistently sound advice to senior clients and make the right calls when handling clients.
- At least 10 years’ experience in communications, including working in or consulting to public sector organisations.
- Ideal backgrounds include: government, public sector, communications agency, charity and think tanks.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living.