In this role you will be responsible for driving the strategy and delivery of PR successes for a tourist board to have a measurable impact on key objectives. You will also have the opportunity to develop and learn within a passionate hands-on agency which has ambitious growth plans.
You will be proactive, work well in a team as well as autonomously to create impactful media coverage, this will include responding to media enquiries, pitching across print, digital and broadcast media and delivering a journalist hosting programme. You will have events experience and will be able to seamlessly manage all logistics for events such as media lunches, experiential stunts, and journalist briefings an interviews.
You will work with our business development team on new business pitches and take responsibility for the delivery of other clients’ PR scope of work as required.
You will be highly organised and have excellent communication skills. You will have a creative mind and an opportunistic eye to ensure client expectations are exceeded.
You will work under the direction of your manager and will split your time between working from our client’s offices in central London and our SLC office / working from home.
1. Media Relations
- Develop and implement a media relations programme targeting key travel and lifestyle media.
- Develop and maintain strong contacts with key media in the UK to ensure the destination receives ongoing positive media coverage.
- Write and distribute regular new product updates and pitches on client destination experiences to key media targets.
- Research and respond to media enquiries including regular trade travel Australasia features.
- Provide media relations support for consumer marketing campaigns and trade activities in the UK.
2. Visiting Journalist Programme (VJP)
- Source, negotiate and deliver media trips – these may be in partnership with Tourism Australia, tour operator or airline partners.
3. Content and communications
- Adapt Head Office content to suit UK media and consumers in both proactive and reactive situations.
- Work closely with the rest of the client team to ensure public relations activities are integrated with trade and consumer marketing strategies.
- Create and adapt content for marketing promotions, including digital assets, supplements and trade co-operative campaigns and airline partnerships.
- Provide information on key travel and lifestyle trends in the UK.
- Provide monthly reports on VJP coverage to client HO and key stakeholders.
- Report hero coverage and high-profile projects to client HO and for internal newsletters and board reports.
- Review and record impact generated from the PR programme each month and input into reports, includes EAV and partner metrics.
5. Industry partnerships
- Build relationships with airlines tour operator partners and relevant tourist boards in the UK to secure support for media visits and promotions.
- Build relationships with Government Departments based in London for the purpose of developing joint PR opportunities e.g., around food and wine.
- Source, manage and deliver PR events which promote key messages and objectives in the UK. These may include consumer events, media launches or briefings and supporting trade events.
- Manage the PR budget on behalf of clients.
- Provide advice, monitor, and respond to issues which could impact clients’ reputation as a holiday destination.
- Provide feedback to client on strategies and content creation for use in international markets, in conjunction with the regional manager.
- Contribute to new business meetings including the delivery research and creative ideas.
- Input for RFP and pitches, including presentations.
- Minimum 5 years PR experience in UK travel PR, with 2 years as PR Account Manager.
- Ability to flexibly manage workloads and priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Tenacity, able to solve problems autonomously.
- Be proactive and driven to exceed client expectations and deliver outstanding results.
- Able to travel in the Europe and world-wide.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player.
- IT skills – Microsoft office.
- Experience in managing budgets.
What else might help?
- A sense of humour, and curiosity
- Passion for travel and destination PR