Due to recent new business wins, Vero Communications is currently looking to expand its team of experienced professionals. We are looking to hire a Consultant [equivalent to a PR agency Senior Account Manager/Account Director] who will play a key role in delivering and managing PR/communications projects for some of our UK and international sports clients.
Vero Communications, based in London, UK, is a leading international strategy, communications and marketing consultancy specialising in advising organisations, events and personalities across the global sporting landscape.
Our current and past clients include World Rugby, International Surfing Association, FIFA, UEFA, Liverpool FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, OneFootball, Zwift Esports, UK Sport, Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games Bid, World Athletics, England & Wales Cricket Board, World Olympians Association, Australia and New Zealand’s bid to host the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, Confederation of African Football, Union Cycliste Internationale, and Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Further details of our work can be found on our website: verocom.co.uk
Responsibilities [depending on experience]:
- Manage and deliver key project tasks including: day-to-day project management, campaign planning, PR/social media implementation, client liaison, journalist/stakeholder/influencer management
- Build strong relationships with clients and offer proactive/reactive counsel
- Communications support for clients, including:
- Developing creative communications strategies and campaign plans
- Drafting of media materials [e.g. press releases, statements, messaging/remarks, Q&As etc.]
- Roll-out and management of client social/digital accounts
- Reporting to client
- Media contact point as needed
- Active outreach and follow up with UK/international media outlets/influencers
- Client event organisation [press conferences, media roundtables, workshops etc.]
- Manage junior team including creating development plans and conducting appraisals
- Manage the content of Vero’s digital presence [social channels, website etc.]
- Demonstrate sports and media industry insights and identify emerging trends
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences on behalf of Vero
- Develop Vero new business proposals in conjunction with Directors
- Prepare and deliver presentations for speaking engagements, client meetings and pitches
- Proactively search / help implement Vero PR opportunities (articles, speaker platforms, awards)
- Effective reporting to Vero Directors
Skills, knowledge and experience-based characteristics:
- Likely to have 4 – 8 years’ experience in communications/PR (in-house or agency background, ideally with sports organisations, clubs, federations, events, rights holders or brands). We may review exceptional candidates who have more/less years’ experience
- Excellent writing skills [required for press releases, key messaging, content copy, statements, speeches, social media etc.]
- Digital native – Experienced in developing online and social media strategies and managing the roll-out of digital content campaigns
- Knowledge/interest/awareness of the evolving sports and digital landscape/trends, including for example OTT, influencer marketing, AI, AR, esports, branded content, fan engagement, wearables etc.
- Experienced in managing multi-channel communications campaigns
- Passion for sport and knowledge of current UK and international sporting landscape
- Existing relationships and/or good knowledge of key journalists/influencers/bloggers and media outlets in the sports world
- Strong desire to work at international sporting events/environments and willing to travel globally [often to major sporting events]
- Focused, self-motivated, results-oriented, creative, energetic, hardworking, committed, ambitious and confident
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and deadline driven
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – Personable, articulate and well-presented
- Interested in contributing to the development of a fast-growing small business
- Additional languages a bonus but not essential
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Experience working with design programmes a bonus but not essential
- 21 days annual leave plus extra Christmas/New Year holiday time
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Training allowance
- Childcare vouchers
To be discussed with candidates: competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Currently remote working with occasional national/international travel. Flexible working arrangements in London, UK, to be explored following the end of domestic COVID-19 restrictions.
Hours of work:
9.00am – 6.00pm Monday-Friday – though as is normal with the PR agency sector [especially in sport] some out of hours work is required in evenings, weekends and during relevant sporting events.