Sassy is a global content and communications agency, who work with some of the world’s best known brands, broadcasters, and entertainment studios. Our team is a unique mix – we pride ourselves on finding the best people from PR & communications, digital, post-production, and live TV programme-making. Our services include global media relations & broadcast PR, live broadcasts & streaming, branded content creation, event & sponsorship activation, and social media & digital development. Our largely project-based work is often fast paced, always varied, and occasionally challenging.
We are looking for a Senior Account Director with a strong media relations background, who will work across a number of clients spanning a broad range of sectors – including lifestyle, automotive, consumer, technology, corporate, and entertainment.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum 6-7 years prior work experience in a B2C PR agency role, who has a keen interest in the global media landscape – in particular broadcast news – as well as a solid understanding of what makes a good news story or shareable piece of earned media content.
Candidates should be team players with excellent communication, team management and problem-solving skills; have a passion for storytelling and coming up with compelling editorial content solutions for clients; and a determination to get results.
Please note that this role is based across both our Elstree and Central London offices, and the successful candidate will be required to work in both locations as necessary.
- Lead and manage all media relations activity for client projects; ensuring required coverage KPIs and targets are met.
- Develop media relations and creative content strategies for client proposals and projects; demonstrating both creativity and a sound understanding of UK & global media.
- Plan, motivate and lead the activities of the PR team (as well as other freelancers when required); ensuring objectives are achieved and the proper processes are in place.
- Provide strategic support and advice to clients and colleagues, both proactively and reactively, demonstrating good judgment in complex or challenging situations.
- Oversee new business briefs and coordinate with the Director of Content Communications and wider team to respond to each brief accordingly.
- Act as main point of contact for clients when required.
- Help manage media relations activity onsite at events both in the UK and globally.
- Assist the team with proactive media sell-ins and gain coverage for our clients when required.
- Min. 6 years’ experience within a fast-paced PR agency environment.
- Solid media relations experience – demonstrating a deep understanding of global & UK media (including broadcast) and an established network of contacts.
- Exceptional understanding of what makes a good story, and how to secure great quality broadcast media coverage.
- Experience working across a broad range of brands and vertical sectors.
- Experience in branded content asset production, particularly video content.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Keen interest in news & current affairs, both in the UK & globally.
- Proficiency in languages other than English.
- Understanding of video production terminology and processes.