Location: Dubai or Bahrain
Salary: $37,000 - $84,000 USD
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a junior communications professional with experience in delivering high-quality research and analysis, you will play an important role on account teams providing communications strategy, advice and support to government clients across the MENA region.
- Support the account lead and account manager in the development and delivery of integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments and entities.
- Produce research and briefing notes to a high standard.
- Media management including pitching stories to journalists and responding to media requests.
- Draft messaging, talking points, press releases and written digital content.
- Monitor print, broadcast and social media for clients, identifying articles and content of interest, producing monitoring reports and alerting the team to potential issues.
- Collect, analyse and present data to inform communications strategy and advice.
- Support in the development of briefing materials and research relating to new business pitches.
Essential skills and attributes
- Research and writing skills – the ability to produce consistently high quality research and written content.
- Analytical skills – the ability to digest information quickly, organise thoughts and judge significance.
- Media relations – good understanding of how to engage media as part of a campaign.
- Digital media – good understanding of digital media, including social listening tools.
- Microsoft Office – proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Positivity – a positive, can-do attitude and enthusiasm for the work is essential.
- Organisation – the ability to manage and prioritise your workload in a busy working environment.
- Flexibility – the ability to cope with and accommodate a fast-paced and unpredictable working environment.
- Resilience – the ability to cope with high pressure and tiring situations.
- At least two years’ experience in communications.
- Ideal backgrounds include: government, public sector, communications agency, charity and think tanks.
- Strong interest in Middle East and / or global politics and economy is a requirement.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living
- Benefits include - relocation package with two months accommodation, competitive bonus and healthcare