Location: Dubai or Bahrain
Salary: $85,000 - $125,000 USD
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a mid-level communications professional with extensive experience in implementing integrated communications programmes and campaigns, you will be providing communications strategy, advice and support to government clients across the MENA region.
- Implementing integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments and entities.
- Managing mid-sized accounts, including responsibility for structuring the work programme, managing the day-to-day execution of activities and maintaining the client relationship.
- Developing innovative campaigns that deliver results for clients and integrate multiple disciplines, including digital, stakeholder engagement and media relations.
- Engaging media on behalf of clients, building media relationships and placing stories.
- Providing ad hoc advice to clients on issues and trends, and the implications of these for the client.
- Mentoring and developing junior staff on accounts.
Essential skills and attributes
- Communications planning and delivery – the ability to execute these functions at the highest level.
- Content writing – the ability to generate high-quality written content for print and digital media.
- Media relations – the ability to interact with journalists and place stories.
- Account management – the ability to manage multiple accounts and workstreams at one time.
- Staff development – the ability to develop and mentor staff of different levels.
- Microsoft Office – proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Leadership – the ability to develop relationships of influence with clients and staff.
- Organisation – the ability to manage busy accounts comprised of staff based in different countries.
- Resilience – the ability to cope with high pressure and tiring situations.
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt to an unpredictable and fast-paced working environment.
- Creativity – the ability to develop and sell creative solutions to a client’s challenges.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications, including working in or consulting to public sector organisations, preferably in the Gulf.
- Sector expertise in the economic (Sovereign Wealth Funds, inward investment), culture or tourism spaces is preferred.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living
- Benefits include - relocation package with two months accommodation, competitive bonus and healthcare