Media Relations Executive
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our External Communications team as a Media Relations Executive in our Hammersmith office.
The main focus of your role is to support our media relations activity: building and maintaining strong relationships with sector and trade journalists, drafting and issuing press releases and other written materials, real-time media monitoring and working in partnership with communications colleagues across our operating companies, such as Virgin Media 02 in the UK.
You will also support our media analytics function to help assess the impact of our external communications, working in partnership with our Media Insights & Reporting Analyst.
In short, we’re looking for someone with excellent all-round communications skills. This is a great role for someone keen to gain broad-based experience across media relations, content creation and analytics in a small, tight-knit and supportive team.
What will you be doing?
- Media Relations activity and relationship-building with relevant media outlets
- Producing compelling, streamlined, detailed copy for use in press releases, blogs and materials for use on other channels
- Production of daily media coverage reports
- Working with Liberty Global’s retained PR agency (Finsbury) to provide real-time monitoring of Liberty Global, and where necessary, operating companies in Europe
- Working with relevant systems, such Business Wire for sending out press releases, and our media monitoring platform Zignal
- Assist with developing reports and actionable insights
We tend to look for people with:
- Proven experience of corporate communications, either in-house or at an agency
- First-class writing skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Interest in the tech, media and telecom sectors
- Ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence and trust of colleagues and stakeholders
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative at all times (rather than waits for instruction)
- Ability to work within a complex international organization
- Energy and an appetite to learn new skills (e.g. in media analytics)
- Degree educated
- Experience of working in media, technology or telecoms environment
- Experience of financial PR
- Some knowledge of media analytics
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with us
Return to Work:
We at Liberty Global understand that having flexibility to maintain your work life balance is essential to being successful in your role. This is why we intend to introduce a hybrid working model (3 days in the office / 2 days remote) once it is safe for our employees to return to the office that we hope will provide our employees with both the chance to come together to collaborate, innovate and keep face-to-face connection with colleagues, all whilst maintaining the flexibility of being able to work remotely
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.