Tourism Australia has an opportunity for a Senior Communications Executive to join its London team.
- Permanent Role
- Based in Central London
- Great team environment
Tourism Australia has an opportunity for a public relations practitioner to join its London team as Senior Communications Executive. This is an opportunity to join one of Australia’s most prestigious brands, reporting to the PR Manager, UK & Northern Europe.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the PR Manager and international PR team in providing strategic communications activities for the UK office, working collaboratively with other departments to align the public relations strategies to the overall communication objectives for the region and to ensure delivery of the PR elements of the regional Annual Operating Plan. It involves managing a PR Agency in the UK and the ability to manage administrative processes for the inhouse team.
This role is paramount in supporting Tourism Australia’s work to position Australia as the most desirable and memorable destination in the world.
Our Behaviours …
We think big and without borders… We have a proud history of doing innovative and ground-breaking work. And we’re not done yet.
We make each other better… We’re one team. We value diversity and listen to all opinions before aligning on the best way forward, but robust discussion makes our work stronger.
We do the right thing… We are respectful of communities, cultures, and the earth we all inhabit, and take our responsibility to care for all three seriously.
We only do work that makes a difference… There’s so much we can do, and want to do, but we focus on the things that will add the most value to our industry.
We’re obsessed with telling the Australian story… We’re passionate out Australia, her land, nature, people, and culture. And we’re proud of our role in sharing her story with the world.
With high motivation and energy, you will be required to:
- Organise events and deliver public relations activities in the UK that will inspire TA’s target audience to holiday in Australia
- Manage stakeholders involved in media content partnerships to ensure high satisfaction ratings
- Project manage activities according to strict budgets and hard deadlines, including reporting, analysis, managing partners, and recommendations for improvements
- Manage agency/supplier relationships to deliver maximum value to the business
- Complete the writing of industry and media communication pieces
- Take the UK lead on TA’s internal communications
- Support the UK PR team on Media Relations work and the International Media Hosting Program (IMHP)
- Maintain relationships with the High Commission, key industry clients and media
- Prepare reports on activities, developments and initiatives in the region
International travel is likely to be required.
To deliver on the above, your resume will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing or Communications
- Excellent English language skills (reading/writing/oral)
- Knowledge of digital channels including social media
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Business events sector knowledge
- Deliver high quality work for broad range of communications channels
The icing on the cake (desired but not essential):
- Both public and or/private sector – business events, tourism or economic development
- Social media platforms – paid activity systems
- 3-5 years experience in the public relations sector, ideally within the travel industry
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why you’re the star we’re looking for.