Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. User operation has started in September 2017.
For our PR Group we are looking for a
Communication Officer (f/m/d) The position
- write news and press releases, texts for website, posters, brochures, other publications in English
- handle the social media accounts of European XFEL
- edit articles, brochures, newsletters, posters and webpages
- coordinate the production of publications, e.g. Annual Report
- manage content on the European XFEL website
- translate texts from English or German to the other (native) language
- coordinate with partner PR departments and agencies for highlighting European XFEL scientific achievements
- organize media events and interviews
- engage in and support other activities of the PR group
- university degree (communications, journalism or natural sciences)
- relevant experience in science PR or journalism
- excellent command (native speaker level) of English
- a good working level of German or willingness to acquire it within a short period of time
- very good writing and editing skills (please include three relevant samples or links to texts you wrote)
- other media relation skills including editing and handling media enquiries
- social media and digital expertise
- ability to translate complex scientific topics to content accessible to non-experts
- ability to work independently on different projects simultaneously and on tight deadlines
- organizational skills and a proactive approach
- strong working knowledge of MS office applications
Ideally the position shall be executed in full time (39 hours per week). However a part-time employment with a minimum working time of 30 hours per week is also possible.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Bernd Ebeling ([email protected]) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transportation system, as well as our brand-new company restaurant BeamStop. The European XFEL GmbH employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is permanent.
21 September 2021
Please apply online and provide a motivation letter next to a CV in English as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.